e-brake boot

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Hey all,

I picked u my DSG yesterday! (replaced my 98)

One thing I have noticed is that the e-brake boot is literally in the way! I have to PUSH the e-brake down and mess with the boot to get it near horizontal.

Is this a common issue, or is there some fix for this?

Thanks!

Matt M PA

Established Member
Mine needs some gentle help too. As did both of the other Cobras I drove.

But....I rarely use the park brake anyhow. When I got my first Viper, it was explained to me that the constant pressure of the brake apds against the rotors could help cause warpage problems. I just leave the Viper and Cobra in 2nd.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
hmm, mine likes to bunch up and keep the handle from sliding down, rubbing against the plastic on the console.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
a ha! i found the problem. It was bunching up underneath the handle and keeping the handle elevated. after a bit of tucking and stuffing, it works MUCH better now!

thx guys

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Originally posted by Matt M, PA
Mine needs some gentle help too. As did both of the other Cobras I drove.

But....I rarely use the park brake anyhow. When I got my first Viper, it was explained to me that the constant pressure of the brake apds against the rotors could help cause warpage problems. I just leave the Viper and Cobra in 2nd.

Depends how you use it. Yank the shit outta it every time, and yeah, that might happen. Pull it up gently just enough to hold the car and there'll never be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread