E Brake Disconnect

smilinjack

Established Member
I am installing Bogart 15" wheels w/ MT slicks. They are 6 1/2" backspace and that makes serious contact with the E Brake cable. I've seen the how to on pulling the cable out of the way but it seems to, at least partially, apply the brake when pulled enough to clear. Are there any issues (other than the obvious) that I might encounter if I do this during race days and then reconnect for street use? Thanks.....

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Na man. I pulled my E-Brake off because of the exact same issue. There are no problems with doing this and you will be fine.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I have no e-brake including removing the pedal. It's technically against the law but with no inspections here in Michigan nobody every knows. It's pretty straight forward, the toughest part is dealing with the parts that hold the cable in place. I was taking them out with screwdrivers and pliers which probably isn't the easier tool for the job but I didn't feel like looking for and buying anything special.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Thanks Fuzzie. Any tips or suggestions on how or where to disconnect?

Man its been so long since I did it I dont remember how it even looked really. It couldn't have been very hard since I did it before I went to the track with the new bogarts. Give it a shot and maybe do a how to for others that may do this in the future. Good luck man and keep us posted on some new track times :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread