E-reader/Tablet

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I've been getting into reading alot more and have considered buying an E-reader/tablet. I was wondering your guys opinions regarding some good ones. I would mostly use it for reading at home and going on trips for entertainment...maybe lounging on my couch on the weekends watching sports updates or something. I'm not trying to buy a data plan or anything with it. Its seems like im stuck between a Kindle and some sort of Ipad (nothing bulky). I was thinking something with a 7-9 inch screen.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I have a standard kindle. http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Glare-...ie=UTF8&qid=1447282053&sr=8-2&keywords=kindle

I've had mine for about 3 years and I haven't had any trouble with it. I recommend readers like this because they read more like paper without the glare associated with a screen like you get on the kindle fire, iPad or really any other tablet. The caveat being that you can't really do anything else with the kindle aside from reading books. If you are the type that can sit down and read for several hours on end, the tablet screens you'll find will likely strain your eyes.

I don't utilize my kindle much anymore however because the wife and I have been using the library more. The library system in our town is easy and convenient so we haven't had the need to purchase books or ebooks. It's saving us quite a bit of money since my wife is a reading fanatic and when I grab a book it forces me to actually read it since it's due back in a finite amount of time.

Bad306Fox

Established Member
Funny you made this, I have been in the same boat lately. Just got this in the mail today.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQVZDJM/ref=nav_shopall_k_ods_eink_mt

I have only used it a an hour so far but it seems great. It is also on sale right now $20 off. Also they have a Kindle Unlimited service its $9.99 a month and has some 800k titles.

I have had the paperwhite for a couple of years now, and it has performed flawlessly.

OP, if you want a strait up ereader, there is nothing better. It looks like a book, and the built in lite is nice for night reading. I use mine daily and charge it maybe once a month. I had a nook before this and it crapped out after 6 months. I don't even know if they make the nook anymore. It was garbage. I never use my phone or tablet for reading....bad battery time, strains the eyes, etc.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Funny you made this, I have been in the same boat lately. Just got this in the mail today.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OQVZDJM/ref=nav_shopall_k_ods_eink_mt

I have only used it a an hour so far but it seems great. It is also on sale right now $20 off. Also they have a Kindle Unlimited service its $9.99 a month and has some 800k titles.

We have had this one as well for about 3 years and love it. The battery life on it is ridiculous, with nightly use you charge maybe once every 2-3wks.

I too am getting back into reading. Been facebooking / forum whoring too long; my vocabulary is starting to show the fact I don't read much that's "technical" or "complex" like I used to. I just read a book called "One Second After" about a small town in the southeast and the aftermath of what would happen if we got EMP'd. Pretty disturbing but very interesting still to see what survives and what doesnt. I'm a big fan of anything post-apocalyptic. Read "The Road" before this but it was pretty meh. Have Book of Eli on my list, one of my favorite movies.

bigmoose

Established Member
Kindle paperwhite here. It's hands down the best one. Its great for night reading with the backlight.

It has a very natural look and awesome contrast. It's a very matte surface so you get zero glare especially at the beach.

Battery lasts a month for me. Don't even consider a tablet for reading books.

prs97

Established Member
Google Nexus 7 here.

Works great for me. I do a lot of reading/video watching for work related stuff on my commute to/from the office.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
Verrry nice guys, so it seems if I want just an E-reader, the Kindle paperwhite is the boss. The only thing holding me back is I would like to be able to use my tablet at work, but its not a must. shit I might have to get both an Ipad and kindle

Users who are viewing this thread