E55 vs. Mazdaspeed3

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
This wasn't really a race - just a fun ego kill! I was driving my parents to dinner last night, got off the freeway and was going to turn left. To my right was a black newer Mazdaspeed3 with lime green wheels, mirrors, and hatch spoiler. It was slammed and had some fart cannons going on. It looked ridiculous, and the driver looked to be in high school. There was a chick in the passenger seat. As soon as I looked over, he was starring. I didn't think anything of it, and just eased away as the light turned green.

As soon as we both got straight, he punched it (sounded like shit). I just laughed, and floored it when he was about 1 length ahead. I passed him almost immediately, with my tires spinning as I went by his door. My mom put her hand out the window and waved at him. I let off as soon as I got a car ahead, and we hit the next red light. I looked over, and he had his head down and his girl was laughing at him. She gave me a thumbs up.

Yes, it was a waste of gas and not impressive in the least, but sometimes you have to put people in their place. :burnout:

Bokeo

Established Member
Nice kill.. unfortunately alot Speed3 drivers think their car is faster than it is. There is one that I sometimes to a from work and hes always weaving in and out of traffic and has done a flyby on me several times.

There are some cool drivers though that know what their car is capable of dont drive like D-Bags most of the time.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I don't like Mazdas. On Friday I was driving my g/f and her Aunt somewhere in the Aunt's V6 Camry and I ended up at a red light next to an equally gayly modded Speed 3. The Speed was using a lane that was ending to get around the line of cars sitting at the light. The Aunt is pretty conservative and old but I couldn't resist the urge to dick over the Speed 3. I rolled into the throttle hoping that my mini race would go unnoticed while the two of them were talking. But you can't not hear that awful sounding 2.3L with the exhaust that was on it when he went WOT. I saw the Aunt's head turn and look at me while this was going and I let off a couple seconds after that, probably right before she said something. The 3 did end up in front, but he had to earn it.

openaccount

Established Member
I don't like Mazdas. On Friday I was driving my g/f and her Aunt somewhere in the Aunt's V6 Camry and I ended up at a red light next to an equally gayly modded Speed 3. The Speed was using a lane that was ending to get around the line of cars sitting at the light. The Aunt is pretty conservative and old but I couldn't resist the urge to dick over the Speed 3. I rolled into the throttle hoping that my mini race would go unnoticed while the two of them were talking. But you can't not hear that awful sounding 2.3L with the exhaust that was on it when he went WOT. I saw the Aunt's head turn and look at me while this was going and I let off a couple seconds after that, probably right before she said something. The 3 did end up in front, but he had to earn it.

That mazda is 80% Ford. And the 2.3 is basically the exact engine in the focus st just with a longer stroke. Just sayin...

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
That mazda is 80% Ford. And the 2.3 is basically the exact engine in the focus st just with a longer stroke. Just sayin...

I'm aware of the Ford relationship with Mazda, not that I think it's anything to brag about. As far as I know the only thing the ST shares with the MS is the block. I hope the ST proves is better built car and isn't throwing rods left and right. Not that it would affect me, I wouldn't buy an ST. I don't see the point in owning a performance FWD car that doesn't have a limited slip differential.

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
Mazdaspeeds haven't launched rods in many moons now that the tuning is dialed in. Loved my ms3 but i made it unusable as a daily. Good kill op

REPCobra10

Established Member
Funny kill, OP...:lol1: I especially liked how your mother waved out the window at him after you destroyed him and the MS3-owners own girlfriend was laughing at him and gave you a thumbs up...:thumbsup: I love the E55 AMG's!

Users who are viewing this thread