E60 M5, LS3 Vette, LS2 Vette

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
E60 M5, LS3 Vette, LS2 Vette, 996 Turbo, LS2 Goat

After watching the Lakers get cremated, I fell asleep on the couch and had a dream that went like this...

I'm in an '89 dodge colt, on my way to work, and come up on this new LS3 Vette (dealer plates and all). I uncork the exhaust and slowly pass a couple gears too low. I'm sure he was thinking "stupid kid.." which is exactly what I wanted him to think and then act on.

I got a few cars past him when I saw the hood rise a little; I knew it was on. There was a little delay on my part, and this put him rolling in pretty fast. I nailed it and banged a couple gears...ended up about a car ahead. The colt was missing pretty bad up top (haven't figured that out yet). His windows were blacked out so I couldn't see the face of failure.

After that encounter I'm suddenly driving an 03 slowbra. I find two M5s; one is the new E60 and the other is E39 (E49? ah..whatever). The E60 wouldn't play until I got in front of him. Was it the 345s? the growl? Who knows but suddenly he was interested.

We made a right onto an open 3-laner. I found second and waited for him to punch it. Of course he did and pulled about 1/2 a car until my foot was firmly planted and I walked off. He jumped over all the lanes and turned off.

The next day, I'm back in the 03 again on my way to Fry's (an exit I blew by) and find this guy in the fastest vette ever made; a silver LS2 vert :dw:

This was kind of a joke and not much of a race... Destroyed over and over.

Last edited:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
I appreciate the deletion of the db response :thumbsup:

...but no love? What should I add? A 911 turbo?

Ok... I'll and another 911 turbo....

These 345 BFGs are not going to last 1k with all this action :beer:

Ran into a beautiful 996 turbo, dumped, rims, and exhaust...looked like a techart.

It was the fastest 911 turbo I've run into so far. It was close. He started out behind but got the jump; I think I added about a car or two before he quit and turned off. I was banging gears HARD and "chirping" [they don't really chirp - you know if you run em].

What great dream huh?

I would trade in my left nut for a 996/7 turbo. Need the other one for kids some day.

Last edited:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Another made up story...

How about an LS2 Goat?

I ran into two guys in an LS2 GTO. It had header-back, intake and a tune...390 tire. We ran a few times, I was able to edge them a few cars or so each time. We stopped at a light and discussed our setup. :beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Another made up story...

How about an LS2 Goat?

I ran into two guys in an LS2 GTO. It had header-back, intake and a tune...390 tire. We ran a few times, I was able to edge them a few cars or so each time. We stopped at a light and discussed our setup. :beer:

Not knocking the kill but that sounds like an optimistic dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread