E85 . 2.2 kb. Dyno #s

fha8388

Established Member
got 2.2 kb . Bap , gt pump, 80 lb inj. Tuned at hpp in lewisvile. 90 percent duty cycle on injectors. 22 degress timing. Made 650 rwhp and 540 ft lb. I have no wiring upgrade or no modified fpdm. Is my setup ok?

fha8388

Established Member
Sorry forgot that . 18 psi with stock manifolds, off road x pipe, borla stingers catback

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I would do the bap wire upgrade and 2 driver modules for the added safety. Might want to put those gt pumps in a aftermarket hat too

fha8388

Established Member
My tuner said that the setup I got is ok. And that I didnt need any wire upgrades. Or 2 fpdm. It runs good on the e85 but I guess im gona put it back to 93 and save up for a return style fuel system. Does anybody have that hard to start problem in cold weather with e85

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
My tuner said that the setup I got is ok. And that I didnt need any wire upgrades. Or 2 fpdm. It runs good on the e85 but I guess im gona put it back to 93 and save up for a return style fuel system. Does anybody have that hard to start problem in cold weather with e85
I did until I fixed it in the tune.

I would run the wiring upgrade and a second FPDM.

A single FPDM is ok for stock Cobra pumps. GT pumps draw too much for a stock FPDM and will cause it to go into thermal shutdown. That is why Ford used two on the Ford GT and the GT500's.

Trust me, Ford would not put extra components (extra cost) unless it was needed.

Nice numbers BTW.

fha8388

Established Member
I did until I fixed it in the tune.

I would run the wiring upgrade and a second FPDM.

A single FPDM is ok for stock Cobra pumps. GT pumps draw too much for a stock FPDM and will cause it to go into thermal shutdown. That is why Ford used two on the Ford GT and the GT500's.

Trust me, Ford would not put extra components (extra cost) unless it was needed.

Nice numbers BTW.

Good thing I got 3 tunes with the sct. Gona put it to 93 and save $ for return style setup.
Do you also tune cars 04sleeper

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Good numbers man ...it was good talking to you thru pm' s ..depending on your HP goals I would just upgrade your fpdms ...if u looking to surpass 730 whp I would do the return style

fha8388

Established Member
Good numbers man ...it was good talking to you thru pm' s ..depending on your HP goals I would just upgrade your fpdms ...if u looking to surpass 730 whp I would do the return style

:beer: im just gona go ahead and do a return set up. But need to save up. I just wonder why is my torque numbers low

zoom1523

Established Member
I would expect the numbers to actually be higher than that. Im going to the dyno on wednesday and ill be shooting for closer to 700.

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Bbk intake mounted inside fender. Yah I thought you loose torque with longtubes

I'm not going to tell you if u get a ram air style is going to give you 50whp , but that bbk has to go ..one of the worst intakes for these cars ...at your power level I wouldn't use nothing but a ram air jlt style 4" with a 12inch filter ..or a jlt high boost Cai ...both is what twin screw guys are using ..do you a big single blade tb or bbk throttle body ? But i tell u this , your HP is not low at all ..considering u don't have long tubes , and u still at 18psi ..do 22psi , long tubes and 23* timing and u easy at 700whp..that's my plan as far as boost :)

fha8388

Established Member
I'm not going to tell you if u get a ram air style is going to give you 50whp , but that bbk has to go ..one of the worst intakes for these cars ...at your power level I wouldn't use nothing but a ram air jlt style 4" with a 12inch filter ..or a jlt high boost Cai ...both is what twin screw guys are using ..do you a big single blade tb or bbk throttle body ? But i tell u this , your HP is not low at all ..considering u don't have long tubes , and u still at 18psi ..do 22psi , long tubes and 23* timing and u easy at 700whp..that's my plan as far as boost :)

my tuner said its harder on the blower hitting 22 psi.How long u been running e85

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
my tuner said its harder on the blower hitting 22 psi.How long u been running e85
yes I heard that too ..but some guys here have done it with no negative experiences..I ordered my RR 2.70 pulley ..gona try 20 psi and see what she got there to offer ..

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
yes I heard that too ..but some guys here have done it with no negative experiences..I ordered my RR 2.70 pulley ..gona try 20 psi and see what she got there to offer ..
And been running e85 for 7months ..

Users who are viewing this thread