E85 2020 GT500 vs E85 Hellcat vs C6Z , whipple Lt4 ZL1

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_3410.JPG

No IT equipment was stolen in the making of this comment.

ToddW702

Established Member
After the embarrassment vs the GM trailor park cousins and the Dodge bros, this flophundred decided to suicide itself.

Jesus. Waiting that whole time and then this happens. That might be enough to make me go buy a dodge. Actually the more videos coming out makes the challenger more and more attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gofast15

Established Member
If you really believe that street racing (dig or roll) removes skill out of the picture, I have some bad news for you.
What dig races are you talking about ? I haven't seen a single one. Most of your races are 60-80mph rolls

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If you really believe that street racing (dig or roll) removes skill out of the picture, I have some bad news for you.

Why are you trying to change the topic from roll racing to street racing?

Obviously running from a dig requires more skill than roll racing, no matter the surface.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What dig races are you talking about ? I haven't seen a single one. Most of your races are 60-80mph rolls

that’s funny cause I haven’t seen SHIT from you. Show me something impressive.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why are you trying to change the topic from roll racing to street racing?

Obviously running from a dig requires more skill than roll racing, no matter the surface.

Because roll racing is a form of street racing. It also takes skill to win. It is not all just on the car. It is on the owner / driver, especially in a MANUAL car.

blk02edge

Established Member
Cup2R is more hardcore than regular cup2. Hence the R naming.
Yes but that is the trick Ford used. The Cup2 on the CFTP is the fastest version of the cup 2 ever made to date according to Billy J and other sources. Plus.. If it wasnt, it would not have been side by side with the 3RS. Thats fact.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yes but that is the trick Ford used. The Cup2 on the CFTP is the fastest version of the cup 2 ever made to date according to Billy J and other sources. Plus.. If it wasnt, it would not have been side by side with the 3RS. Thats fact.
There might be word play in this, fastest cup2 ever, till a more performance oriented tire like the cup2R came out. Cup2R is michelins answer to the trofeo R. Sure they improved the current cup2, but if they didnt use a more expensive cup2R, why miss out on making more money since the cup2R is bleeding edge, more $$$ and what porsche used in their 911s to get the insane times at the ring.

Also I dont believe a ford paid employee says, people were thinking this gt500 will bring a fight to the zr1, when it can barely bring a fight to a 3RS. This is only one or two laps too, I'm still curious how this car will perform after multiple laps, multiple sessions.

Last edited:

72SBC

Established Member
It doesn’t. It eats tires too fast. Track cars and weight isn’t a winning combo.

blk02edge

Established Member
There might be word play in this, fastest cup2 ever, till a more performance oriented tire like the cup2R came out. Cup2R is michelins answer to the trofeo R. Sure they improved the current cup2, but if they didnt use a more expensive cup2R, why miss out on making more money since the cup2R is bleeding edge, more $$$ and what porsche used in their 911s to get the insane times at the ring.

Also I dont believe a ford paid employee says, people were thinking this gt500 will bring a fight to the zr1, when it can barely bring a fight to a 3RS. This is only one or two laps too, I'm still curious how this car will perform after multiple laps, multiple sessions.
Its my own opinion that the CFTP tire is a Cup2R with an extra negligible siping groove. Theres no way in the world of physics that the 500 will match the 3RS on an inferior tire, no way no how. The CFTP was truly a max effort car in every way, just like all the testing we will see of it will be in full track alignment settings. I bet you anything that the Trofeo would be slower than CFTP cup 2's

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its my own opinion that the CFTP tire is a Cup2R with an extra negligible siping groove. Theres no way in the world of physics that the 500 will match the 3RS on an inferior tire, no way no how. The CFTP was truly a max effort car in every way, just like all the testing we will see of it will be in full track alignment settings. I bet you anything that the Trofeo would be slower than CFTP cup 2's
I'd really like to see that comparison between the Trofeo and the cup 2r/CFTP cup 2. We need Chris Harris to do it again.

You're probably right about the CFTP Cup 2 being an R tire, there are so many different compounds they can run within the same name. The C7Z06 had the stickiest Cup 2 they made for a while (I believe until the R came out). Billy Johnson said they considered that compound for the GT350R but ended up going with a slightly longer lasting compound. It's still quite a bit softer than the 101Y tires on the 991 though, which is a popular tire for the GT350(R) guys because they last twice as long as the off the shelf/factory tire. He mentioned the GT having the hardest of the cup 2s, which is why some of those guys are getting over 20k miles out of a set, even with some track days sprinkled in. Although, he probably gets pretty nice paychecks from Ford so I'm not sure how much bias is included in that.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'd really like to see that comparison between the Trofeo and the cup 2r/CFTP cup 2. We need Chris Harris to do it again.

You're probably right about the CFTP Cup 2 being an R tire, there are so many different compounds they can run within the same name. The C7Z06 had the stickiest Cup 2 they made for a while (I believe until the R came out). Billy Johnson said they considered that compound for the GT350R but ended up going with a slightly longer lasting compound. It's still quite a bit softer than the 101Y tires on the 991 though, which is a popular tire for the GT350(R) guys because they last twice as long as the off the shelf/factory tire. He mentioned the GT having the hardest of the cup 2s, which is why some of those guys are getting over 20k miles out of a set, even with some track days sprinkled in. Although, he probably gets pretty nice paychecks from Ford so I'm not sure how much bias is included in that.
yea, and treadwear is practically meaningless so who knows. We don't actually know if that 3RS was on an 2R either do we, I read that it was just some guy's car. Data aside, it's still hilarious how fast that CFTP is for what it is.

We need more professional reviews on tires, honestly I would find that more interesting than the cars themselves lol #nerdalert

Users who are viewing this thread