E85 and nitrous

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i also run E85 and a 100 wet shot, they work great together and according to Lund, no timing retard is necessary up to a 125 shot. so that is a big plus, i made 1011 on boost alone with my KB 2.8 and then made 1137 on the nitrous shot. so i gained 125 RWHP on a 100 shot

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
i also run E85 and a 100 wet shot, they work great together and according to Lund, no timing retard is necessary up to a 125 shot. so that is a big plus, i made 1011 on boost alone with my KB 2.8 and then made 1137 on the nitrous shot. so i gained 125 RWHP on a 100 shot

So does that mean a tune revision isn't required? Also how do you have your wet shot plumbed in? Do you have the NX plate kit?

nxhappy

Established Member
if you add nitrous USUALLY you have to revise the tune because you are dumping extra fuel with the wet shot. The e85 is nice because it burns slow, therefore there is no need to retard the timing a few degrees. The NX plate kit is nice but not required. You can plumb both nozzles in the intake tube, right next to the throttle body. nitrous is safe as long as you have the safety stuff ie window switch, wot switch, bottle heater, etc

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
So does that mean a tune revision isn't required? Also how do you have your wet shot plumbed in? Do you have the NX plate kit?

yea that is correct, i don't use a different tune when i spray my car i just flip the arm button and its there! i have my plumbed into the intake tube via a nozzle. only tuning that was required was adjusting the fuel jets to correct for the air/fuel ratio, i.e. bigger fuel jet to richen it up and smaller fuel jet to lean it out. i run my car at about 11.25-11.50 at WOT, which is on the safe side. without nitrous i run 11.50-12.00

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Typically you should pick up advertised hp and close to twice the torque output. So a 50 shot will give you 50hp and 100ft lbs. of torque. Also don't get mixed up with NOS helping with IAT2's much as the intercooler will cool air when it needs to but it also doesn't know the difference of heating air up that's coming in colder than it is. If that makes sense. NOS on my 04 Cobra typically never touched IAT2's at the track.

Demonio

Established Member
Sorry to hijack thread but I have a 750rwhp car on e85 with 24psi on a blower I would like to do a dry 100 shot will this be possible or do I need a wet shot? Do I need a retune on car?

Speedboosted

Established Member
Sorry to hijack thread but I have a 750rwhp car on e85 with 24psi on a blower I would like to do a dry 100 shot will this be possible or do I need a wet shot? Do I need a retune on car?

Stock or built motor? For safety, run a wet shot if you can and get it tuned with the spray. You won't need a full retune or anything like that, mostly it'll just be a degree or two of timing pulled out at WOT. This is all assuming you have a built motor, I wouldn't go near nitrous with 24 pounds on the stock motor.

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
Built motor, can u explain why is bad to do a dry shot on the car..
Did you end up putting a dry shot on it? Wet shot is better because you don't have to run a separate tune or adjust timing for anything less than 125. You can data log your run with a wet shot and by going up or down in fuel jet size, you can dial in your afr to make sure you are not lean. Dry shot would need tune adjustments.....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread