E85 and ported eaton fuel system questions

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
It's been a while since I've been active regularly on these forums, anyways I'm embarking on another build... I'm gonna throw some money at my Comp Orange vert... I've got a few questions though that I'd like some assistance on. I purchased the car with some modifications already done to it.

Steggy stage 7 ported eaton
4# lower pulley
MAC longtubes
SCT BA2600
KB BAP
CAI and exhaust

I've purchased a set of 80# injectors and a pair of Ford GT pumps. I'm wanting to run e85 in the car and hoping that my setup can make 550+ rwhp. I have a competent tuner here in town. What I'd like to know is how to best go about building this fuel system. I've been reading up on modified FPDMs or going with duals, thoughts? I know the Ford GT ran dual FPDMs from the factory so it makes sense to me to just run the duals. The cost of a single FPDM is not much, a modified one is much more...

What about the fuel hat? I've read about modifying the stock one, which seems like a pain and also not to mention there seems to be the possibility for failure of the lines kinking or coming undone. Would an aftermarket FORE or Division X fuel hat be overkill in the situation?

What about wire upgrades? I see that there are wire upgrades for the BAP the FPDM, pretty much everything fuel related can be upgraded. What is necessary for my setup to run 550+ with confidence?

I want the car to be done right, I will do the work myself so I know the wrenching will be handled correctly, but I just want to ensure that I'm using all the right parts to piece together this system. At this time I don't think it's necessary for me to go to a full return style system. I don't have intentions of going with a TS anytime soon.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If it were me I would do a Fore hat with dual 320e pumps, wire upgrade, dual fpdm's, upgraded feed line to the rail with a fore glass filter. Fore won't sell bare hats because they (he) wants to be sure the pumps are installed properly. Or you could buy a used Fore hat, use your GT pumps, but you will need a BAP.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
If it were me I would do a Fore hat with dual 320e pumps, wire upgrade, dual fpdm's, upgraded feed line to the rail with a fore glass filter. Fore won't sell bare hats because they (he) wants to be sure the pumps are installed properly. Or you could buy a used Fore hat, use your GT pumps, but you will need a BAP.

That's basically everything to go return, if you're going that far then just go return in my opinion.

TRBO VNM

Not only that, there are a lot of fake pumps on the market and if purchased through Fore they know the pumps are genuine and he can fully support the products he sells. hard to diagnose fuel supply issues or a pump going bad if it is a knock off and you don't know what the flow should be.

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I already have a KB BAP. I'll keep my eyes out in the marketplace for a FORE hat.

Users who are viewing this thread