E85 CTS-V vs. Maggie Camaro

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Waiting on new tires, so I'm reduced to ricetastic racing. Just got the cam and tune done yesterday, so I wanted some action against my trusty rival. Dig race to follow. :beer:

Camaro made 800rwhp+ on race fuel and I believe a little over 700 on the pump that he's running.

[youtube_browser]LllV5NCWhko[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Nice kill but hp numbers on the Camaro seem a little high for the mods unless he is spraying 150 at it.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Nice kill but hp numbers on the Camaro seem a little high for the mods unless he is spraying 150 at it.

His cam picked up some insane numbers, imo. It was at 13psi (if i recall) and a bit over 600rwhp before the cam. Keep in mind that we also lose 2.5-3psi of boost up here at a mile high.

BOD89LX

Established Member
His cam picked up some insane numbers, imo. It was at 13psi (if i recall) and a bit over 600rwhp before the cam. Keep in mind that we also lose 2.5-3psi of boost up here at a mile high.

Yea I remember you saying before that your in higher altitude , but that seems to be better numbers then a ZL1 with everything thrown at it. I must add your car is a bad MFR.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
So that Camaro that just got destroyed has 700rwhp?? What does the CTS-V have? 750?

Not sure yet, I've only done a street tune. I'll be on the dyno Tuesday. I'm guessing between 670 and 700. I assume we're within 30-40rwhp. It's just a number.

We've been going at it from the beginning and I've always been able to beat him with a bit less power. I seem to also destroy a local manual CTS-V with more power - by 5mph+ through the traps. 6l90 auto, ftw.

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Yea I remember you saying before that your in higher altitude , but that seems to be better numbers then a ZL1 with everything thrown at it. I must add your car is a bad MFR.

I'm not familiar with what the ZL1 guys are doing, but its the same motor as mine and the V community has been able to make some pretty impressive power.

I hate bench/dyno racing, but this might give a somewhat decent comparison. Here is an ECS blown camaro making just under 700rwhp w/ 13PSI and a considerably smaller cam and less timing (687rwhp w/ 12* timing).

[youtube_browser]-GQ9K-rGGKM[/youtube_browser]

ExpatMedic

Slowpoke
Established Member
Nevermind, I found the dyno graph he msg'd me last month. He took a little timing out and fattened up a tad since then, so it's making a little closer to 700
9391043607_b347d603ee_z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread