E85 Gains on a BPU+ only Terminator?

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I have a BPU+ Terminator (Intake, Boost (2.76 @ 15psi), Exhaust- see sig for specifics).

I put down 483 hp / 501 tq. I would really like to find 17 more ponies to break the 500 hp mark without doing another major mod like ported blower or LTs (assuming its possible or there is something out there).

Questions for the E85 experts: :burnout:

1] How could I run E85 with a minimal investment in hardware?

2] Could I run just a larger set of injectors only (60s? / 80s?) and provide enough fuel to provide a nominal hp gain (17hp)?

3] I'm running an upper only right now on a non ported blower, would I need to run a lower (4lb?) with the E85 to get the nominal gain or could I stay upper only?

Maybe there is some other solution not related to the above questions?? Thanks for the help SVTP! :beer:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Switching to E85 should reach your goal no problem, I doubt you would even need a boost increase...but that would be nice if you could pick up a couple psi to really take advantage. You already have a bap and mafia....the only thing you really need is the injectors and a couple e85 compatible gt pumps. 60s would probably be enough inj...but 80s would give you more future growth.

Remember...the E85 isn't just about the peak increases you will see....it's all the low and mid increases you will enjoy from the timing being increased practically right off idle. The whole power band will be more explosive....not just 5500rpm plus.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
the only thing you really need is the injectors and a couple e85 compatible gt pumps. 60s would probably be enough inj...but 80s would give you more future growth.

Is the stock Cobra pump not E85 compatible? Or is the issue that is just won't flow enough?

Could I get away with just upgrading the injectors?

A good rule of thumb is a gain of around 10% with E85 / tune.

:burnout:Wow!! 10% would be insane! If I could net just a 5% gain that would be killer!

nonliberal

Established Member
Is the stock Cobra pump not E85 compatible? Or is the issue that is just won't flow enough?

Could I get away with just upgrading the injectors?

:burnout:Wow!! 10% would be insane! If I could net just a 5% gain that would be killer!

That would be no problem.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
Are there any gains to be had by just running E85 without any change to the injectors or pump?

You would need to make sure your injectors and pumps had the excess capacity to run E-85. It will take up to 35% more fuel to run E-85. More than likely you would have to increase the injector size at a minimum. Regardless a re-tune would be necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread