E85 in a Ecoboost Flex? YES!

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
I finished the install of the auxiliary fuel system this week. I've been chasing wiring gremlins but finally got it working correctly yesterday.
Details on the fuel system:
Walbro 255 pump, Magnafuel boost referenced FPR feeding 6x40lb injectors and a 1 gallon fuel cell.
50/50 E85/E10 91 octane in the main tank with E85 in the auxiliary 1 gallon tank.
I've installed a 3 bar map when we changed out the intake as well.
Torrie and I have been doing tune/log revisions and the car keeps getting faster and faster, Torrie feels there a ton more to be gotten out of the car now.
I can no longer floor it in first gear from a stop, the car just overpowers the stock tires...
Once we get the tune dialed in for this setup I am going to get a dyno done, then install the NEW TURBOS which I pick up this week. I plan to have a dyno done after the turbos are installed with no tuning changes to see the difference in boost.
BTW, it's 106+++ right now in Phoenix so we're doing all this when it's hot as heck out, if the car can survive this then when it's cold it should just be CRAZY.
Looks like I'll be needing to pick up some new tires soon....
Just a side note, the car can handle part throttle boosting via it's own fuel system with the E85 mix, it's only at WOT that the car has to close the throttle blade as it goes lean. This platform is very smart about saving itself from lean conditions. 10 years ago I would have blown 3 motors with the fueling issues I've been having as I sorted through the wiring/fueling gremlins this week.
Ford Flex auxiliary fuel system walk through - YouTube
Ford Flex on E85 - YouTube
Car is MUCH faster than this video now, I'll do a 0-60 and 1/4 mile pull with Torque once we're done with tuning revisions

Shaun@AED

Very nice!

I converted my 2013 F150 EcoBoost to E85, and ran out of fuel before hitting 11psi.
Results were promising as it out powered Gasoline at RPM, even with significantly less boost, we need a HPFP at a bare minimum IMO.

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
I have a 2013 FX4 EB truck, I'm planning on removing spare tire and installing a 20 gallon fuel cell for E85 and doing much of the same PI/DI combo on the truck.

Got a dyno done yesterday before I upgrade my turbos. I made more horsepower and torque than a new corvette, too bad I weigh 2/3's more :)
This is with 50/50 E85/91 octane in the main tank and E85 in the aux tank.
This is also the same power as my nitrous setup used to make (400/430) so I've got another 75HP I can hit when needed BUT I don't want to mess with that until after the new turbos are installed.
The AFR is a bit rich down low but I didn't want to spend a bunch of time or money tuning it completely as the car will be getting the new turbos next week. I will dyno with and without nitrous when new turbos are installed, hoping to break 500WHP.
Last numbers were 330/390 pre-E85 with 91 octane.
2011+Flex+Mike-page-0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread