E85 or 110 Need Your Feedback

jcorlew24

Established Member
I may have posted this prior in the worng section. So I will try again. My apologies.

So here is my dilemma. I have an 2003 cobra with 2.6 KB, 60lbs. injectors, BAP, and other supporting mods. The car was recently tuned at Dynospeed and made 584 rwhp pushing 16.5lbs. of boost and conservative timing.

The car has 12,500 miles on it and is only driven occasionally on nice days. I would like to get a little more out of the car and have doing a lot of research on the benefits of E85 conversion after seeing its availabilty in my area. I was really leaning that way until I started putting together a budget on what it would run for the conversion and tuning. For a budget system using factory fuel rails and 80 lbs. injectors, including the tune I would be looking at around $3,400 for everything. If I go all out it is looking like I am going to be over $4,500.

I have a station right down the street from me that has a 110 race pump. So should I just go the cheaper route and have the car tuned on 110 and keep the 93 tune as well? I have all the pulleys to make more boost. The extra expense on fuel would not be that much of a difference being that the car sees very little mileage. I would not be traveling long distances either. What do you guys think?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
huh? why so much?? just get a new injectors, hat, pumps and a line upgrade to a -8 and put in E85....done

can sell the 60s and BAP to recoup some cash. Shouldnt be more than $1500 out of pocket

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The cost of the 110 over time will equal out to the initial cost of the fuel upgrades. E85 helps cool things down among other things. Personally, I say E85 and be done with it. Also, with the E85 the power is always there. You won't be cruising around with 93 in the tank and wish that you had the 110 for the extra power.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
Go e85. The cooling benefits alone are worth it, especially with a twin screw.
I agree with Jake on this one. Get the new stuff and sell your old injectors, bap, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread