E85 or Whipple 2.3?

MileHighTurbo

Established Member
Soo this is my delema,cant decide if i want a big twin screw whip 2.3 probly

or conver to E85,current set up is stegg stg3 sb tb/plenum 2.93/4# lower good air filter,bassani X/CB,idlers,

parts sitting around BAP,60# inj,mafia,DP HE

I cant decide what to do ,go E85 and do a 2.76 or get a whipple the decrease in milage dont concern me there are many stations in Co,

i drive the car quite a bit on the nice days,i dont know of the gain from the stegg 3 to the whipple would be, i think the E85 would probly give me 50-60hp i do not want to out grow the stock pumps, in in dnver so pump gas is 91oct,on a pump tune my timing is probly gona be 16-17*

and no i dont want to do E85 and the whip,

any thoughts insight??

twhitey

Established Member
Do the e85. I want to see what happens. I have the same blower 2.76/4 pulleys and want to know what kind of power you will make.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I'll keep this thread updated. I planned on getting my car dynoed this weekend but weather may keep from that. Do the E85 swap.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
If you have the funds for the 2.3 why not tune it with E85? If you plan on going E85 with your current combo you might want to think about FGT pumps along with the BAP.

MileHighTurbo

Established Member
If you have the funds for the 2.3 why not tune it with E85? If you plan on going E85 with your current combo you might want to think about FGT pumps along with the BAP.

I shouldnt have to here in colorado we dont make as much HP because of the altitude!!
The elevation is 5280' but the corrected is usually between 7-8500' at the track!!

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
You may require pumps up here. My car is sittin with the stock pumps and a 40a BAP turned all the way up. FP duty is in the upper 90's. the 60's are in the high 70 to low 80 range I believe. I havent logged those in a while. If this weather ever gets nice and I get this thing on the dyno to tune I'll see where my numbers are at.

MileHighTurbo

Established Member
Weather is suppose to be good this week im gonna go to Dyno-pro on thursday and do a base line before i make any changes,ive had the car since aug-09 and dont know how much HP its making

Users who are viewing this thread