E85 Purity

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
I put a ethanol content sensor right off the pressure regulator. Works great and I have a tune set up for 93, E25, E35, E50, E60, E65, E70, E85. on my handheld now. Takes all the guess work out. I even have a E25 and E35 "transition tank" tune. I could get by with probably only 4 of those but changing stoich in the tune is easy enough to just flash based on what the sensor is telling me. Here is the location of it. Up in the passenger fender.

Ethanol Sensor.JPG

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Depends on ur power goals and how available it is to u. Yep, u will be a SLAVE to E85 once u make the switch and yep u should test it each time which is why I fill up two 55 gallon drums when I get a good reading. Its a PITA tho as E85 is 45 minutes away and takes me the whole day to do so as I have to travel back n fourth several times.

Anything over E70 is fine imo. And I test mine at usually E90-92 where I fill up but its like the only gas station that has it so they do a lot of volume and have good shit each week.

But when ur car can make 300-400 MORE hp then YES its worth it but make no mistake its expensive to go E85 as far as supporting parts go. I had to upgrade fuel system, Injectors, Converter, Better valve springs/retainers, sleeved motor for the BIG power, upgraded rear as well.

Mine is a Coyote but nonetheless its a big move to E85. The increase in TIMING makes it a LOT more fun! Gas mileage will suffer tho about 30% and in the winter cold starts are a bitch!

How is everyone's E85 checking out there? I fear making the switch and constantly feeling like a chemist every time I refill. Is it worth it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GodStang

Established Member
I got mine on the Feed side right before the rail. That way I know what temperature the engine is seeing and what % E my engine is seeing. Also the return side is known to get bubbles which may cause issues. My computer self tunes going off the info from the Gauge and the dual 14point7 Adv 3 widebands.

IMG_5059.jpg
% E.JPG

I put a ethanol content sensor right off the pressure regulator. Works great and I have a tune set up for 93, E25, E35, E50, E60, E65, E70, E85. on my handheld now. Takes all the guess work out. I even have a E25 and E35 "transition tank" tune. I could get by with probably only 4 of those but changing stoich in the tune is easy enough to just flash based on what the sensor is telling me. Here is the location of it. Up in the passenger fender.

View attachment 1638085

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
Nice. Looks good man. I log the fuel temp PID in SCT right now and that takes it off the rail from the pressure sensor. I will probably lose that though when I switch to the MS3 PnP though. Can you still log the pressure drop and fuel rail temp with the MS3 your using?
I think either location is fine. It will be nice to have true flex fuel capability though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Nice. Looks good man. I log the fuel temp PID in SCT right now and that takes it off the rail from the pressure sensor. I will probably lose that though when I switch to the MS3 PnP though. Can you still log the pressure drop and fuel rail temp with the MS3 your using?
I think either location is fine. It will be nice to have true flex fuel capability though.
You can still monitor pressure through the FRPS. I'm in the process of working on those details. It seems to be one of those things no else has done.

Users who are viewing this thread