E85 Regulator

Fast Ford

Established Member
I just purchased an E85 Division X kit from Lethal Performance and was hoping to get some regulator placement feedback from those who have converted. I have an 2007 GT500 and Lethal's instructions say placement is left side on the firewall, I really don't see the room. I ordered it with pre-cut PTFE lines with attached fittings, my only thoughts are to lay out the lines and see where they want the regulator. Tried to do some installation searches but haven't had any luck, if any one has any pictures that would be a great help. Thanks...

RBB

Established Member
Plenty of room on the driver’s side behind the strut tower, that’s where mine is mounted. I’ve got a few things to wrap up with the car today, can snap a pic for you if you’d like?

jenkins_1120

Established Member
17cb1caf60e70a597fbd3657d3bd8418.jpg

Where I have mine at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69b302

Established Member
They did not send him the wrong kit. The kit just sucks for 07s. I ended up mounting to the back of the strut tower, as the lines were not long enough to reach the front. It took a lot of time to get the regulator and lines, in that area. I can't believe they still market this as fitting a 07. I ended up replacing most of the lines and going with a Fore Triple hat and Fore wiring in the long run. The DivisionX dropped pressure, in addition to the huge install headaches. This kit is not one of Lethal's better showings, and was a huge waste of time and money for me. I will post a picture of the regulator, later, so you can see it is possible.

Attachments

• CF9E529A-0222-4443-BE86-418ED767646E.jpeg
    CF9E529A-0222-4443-BE86-418ED767646E.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 44

devilish64

Established Member
I second this.... In hindsight I REALLY wish I spent the extra coin on the fore setup. My regulator is in the same area on my 07 gt500 because it is literally the only place it fits. I had to un bolt the A.C. parts and move them out of the way to be able to install the regulator. I was amazed that is where they decided to put the regulator in the kit. I wound up scratching the strut tower and firewall all up trying to make everything fit.... but I was so happy to get it done I didn't care. Make sure the electrical connection O-ring on the fuel hat doesn't leak fuel like mine and my buddy's did. Having the pre cut lines was so enticing to me..... it turned out to not be worth the savings in money over the fore kit.
They did not send him the wrong kit. The kit just sucks for 07s. I ended up mounting to the back of the strut tower, as the lines were not long enough to reach the front. It took a lot of time to get the regulator and lines, in that area. I can't believe they still market this as fitting a 07. I ended up replacing most of the lines and going with a Fore Triple hat and Fore wiring in the long run. The DivisionX dropped pressure, in addition to the huge install headaches. This kit is not one of Lethal's better showings, and was a huge waste of time and money for me. I will post a picture of the regulator, later, so you can see it is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread