E85 setup on cobra

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'd recommend you put in real pumps and not mess with a BAP. You'll get better fueling and a BAP always seems to burn out pumps eventually. They over drive the pumps and sure enough they will eventually fail. Some will last quite a long time but that's a gamble. I can't tell you how many guys I've sold pumps to because the BAP eventually took out their pumps.
Fuel delivery is smoother and better with real pumps as well.

GodStang

Established Member
I agree the BAP was a great idea for it's time but parts for our cars have come a long way in 15 years. BAP should of been dropped about 10 years ago.

I'd recommend you put in real pumps and not mess with a BAP. You'll get better fueling and a BAP always seems to burn out pumps eventually. They over drive the pumps and sure enough they will eventually fail. Some will last quite a long time but that's a gamble. I can't tell you how many guys I've sold pumps to because the BAP eventually took out their pumps.
Fuel delivery is smoother and better with real pumps as well.

GodStang

Established Member
Any negative with removing a BAP, after tuning been done with it on?

Yes if the BAP is on and you remove it your pumps will flow less and therefor you may not supply enough fuel for your car. If you remove it then you should be retuned.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I removed it couple years ago right after getting tuned because it wasn't needed for my ported setup with 340 pumps. My tuner said it wouldn't be an issue, and the car is still running good, but I'm not sure

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I removed it couple years ago right after getting tuned because it wasn't needed for my ported setup with 340 pumps. My tuner said it wouldn't be an issue, and the car is still running good, but I'm not sure
if your pumps flow enough you won't need a BAP.

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
I understand that, but it WAS tuned with bap installed. That's why im asking if removing afterwards has any negative impact

GodStang

Established Member
I understand that, but it WAS tuned with bap installed. That's why im asking if removing afterwards has any negative impact

It could. Not knowing everything it is hit or miss. One of my setups along the way before I removed the BAP I had it installed but was not needed so it was turned off and the car was tuned like that (off but in place). So for me removing the BAP would not of effected the tune. Not knowing what you are tuned for I would leave it in place until your tuner says you are ok.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I have a port on e85 with the fore level 2. I have a 265 primary, and a 465 kicks on when in boost. Justin said the 265 is probably enough to run the port. I did my kit big to add tvs down the road. Probably never will do that now. Sometimes I regret over spending when Im not gonna use it now but by the time you add in all the crap for a returnless return is a better choice imo. Sure it costs a bit more but its easier to tune and less to go wrong. As long and the pumps flowing you will always have plenty of fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread