e85 tuning problems need some thoughts

Strikeking10

Established Member
I have been data logging my TVS Cobra for a while and having it tuned, we got the pump 92 tune dialed in great and started the E85 tune, we have a problem with as soon as I go WOT or even rolling into higher rpms in any gear the wideband pegs at 10 afr and the car bogs down and acts like it is flooded until I let off and it then drives completely normal until I try again.

The strange thing is the car drives flawlessly around town, and we also have a tune revision that doesnt act the same as the others, at wot the gauge stays mid-low 11's and touches the high 10's a little but never bogs down and I can do a full pull to 6500 and it pulls hard all the way. The last revision we leaned it up and added some timing and then it started doing the same thing again.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? the only thing changed from the tune that does not fall on its face was being leaned up and adding timing.

cj428mach

Established Member
sounds like the tune is way off. The reason it drives good around town is because its closed loop and the ecm can adjust fueliing, when you go wot its pure open loop.

Strikeking10

Established Member
sounds like the tune is way off. The reason it drives good around town is because its closed loop and the ecm can adjust fueliing, when you go wot its pure open loop.
I’m confused then why one revision has no problems and the next has this problem, the only change we made was to lean out it by 6% and add some timing.

MG0h3

Established Member
So I'm assuming it's still pegging the wideband rich after the latest revision?
So it was too rich, got a revision and pulled through the range, leaned it out and added timing and it's WAY rich again? Or just falling on it's face? Cause way lean will do the same thing.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
What wideband are you using? Just curious. If you are running a pump gas tune and e85, LAMBDA would be much easier to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strikeking10

Established Member
What wideband are you using? Just curious. If you are running a pump gas tune and e85, LAMBDA would be much easier to follow.

I have a Aem Uego

So I'm assuming it's still pegging the wideband rich after the latest revision?
So it was too rich, got a revision and pulled through the range, leaned it out and added timing and it's WAY rich again? Or just falling on it's face? Cause way lean will do the same thing.
Yes, had a revision that pulled up to 6500, got the next revision and leaned it out 6% and added a couple degrees of timing, now it is running way rich as soon as I go Wot almost like it floods it briefly.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
So, you still have your wideband set up for reading gasoline. You need to change it over to LAMBDA. Your wideband would be pegged when set to A/F for gasoline.

If you are data logging with your wide band, how do you have it scaled in properly for data logging when you’re still reading A/F ratio of gasoline?

You should start to go off LAMBDA, since LAMBDA is the same for all fuels.

View attachment 1505238

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So, you still have your wideband set up for reading gasoline. You need to change it over to LAMBDA. Your wideband would be pegged when set to A/F for gasoline.

If you are data logging with your wide band, how do you have it scaled in properly for data logging when you’re still reading A/F ratio of gasoline?

You should start to go off LAMBDA, since LAMBDA is the same for all fuels.

View attachment 1505238

Depends on the tuner. I keep my a/f gauge reading regular gasoline not lambda. So in the 11.6-11.8 range. He knows the conversion and tuned it specifically this way.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Strikeking10

Established Member
04sleeper is tuning it as well, every datalog has been in Afr and he hasn’t asked me to change it so I assume it’s okay.

Strikeking10

Established Member
I thought it might be my J&S vampire knock sensor pulling a ton of timing out but it’s not going off when I go Wot.

Users who are viewing this thread