early 93 cobra bumper?

Paulvancouver

Established Member

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Way overpriced (as far as the starting bid goes), and I have to call BS on the rear bumper comment, as I have never heard of any such difference.

buddha93

Established Member
I saw that one too. Early style bumper??? I give that a big fat whatever! The seller sounds pretty sure of himself and his car.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I thought I knew a lot about 93 Cobra's and have never heard of this either. Since I live close I'm going to take a look at the car anyway. I'll take some pictures.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I have a feeling that it is either a reproduction, or someone hacked it up because they thought "that'll look cool!"

Mark, when you go, look for the vin sticker located on the bottom of the cover, directly behind the passenger side rear wheel. That is where the VIN is supposed to be.

Long time no see! You hang out in the R forum mostly?

BTW, I'm Richard W over at SCOA.

Speedfreek

Established Member
I looked at 93 Cobra # 18 a while back and it was one of the pre production cars, so it was about as early production as it gets and it had a regular 93 Cobra bumper on it.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Could it be possible that since he says it is owned by Kar Kraft they could have some special prototype rear bumper that never made production. I know Kar Kraft Made a lot of conversion stuff for the factory. It is probably a one of a kind , If someone didnt just hack up a regular cover???:shrug:

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the first 16 cobras red? They were all promotional cars too.

It just looks like the center of the bumper (between the tailpipes) is just pushed up too far. Like hhe rear bumper brace is sitting too high. There is about an inch or more of vertical adjustment in the rear metal bumper. That would directly affect the mounting bracket height where the middle of the bumper uses body clips to stay secure.

That is my $.02 take on it.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Well guys your never going to believe this......

It's 100% legit! I don't believe it but if someone went to fake it they did EVERYTHING right. It has the vin sticker, no tape over it or spray or anything. Attaching hardware is untouched as well. I took about 15 pictures of it because it's definitely unique.

The car isn't really early production as well as it was built 4/19.

I thought I knew everything but I guess it shows that we can all learn something new even after 11 years.

Car is owned by Steve from Kar Kraft and they are straight up people. It's a nice clean car with a few bolt on mods. The biggest detractor on the car is that it is fully undercoated with the sticky crappy stuff.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Goodson
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't the first 16 cobras red? They were all promotional cars too.

It just looks like the center of the bumper (between the tailpipes) is just pushed up too far. Like hhe rear bumper brace is sitting too high. There is about an inch or more of vertical adjustment in the rear metal bumper. That would directly affect the mounting bracket height where the middle of the bumper uses body clips to stay secure.

That is my $.02 take on it.

First 16 Cobra's were all different colors. 8 of them were the VERY rare Performance Red (non-clearcoated cars)

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by 93SVTCobra
Well guys your never going to believe this......

It's 100% legit! I don't believe it but if someone went to fake it they did EVERYTHING right. It has the vin sticker, no tape over it or spray or anything. Attaching hardware is untouched as well. I took about 15 pictures of it because it's definitely unique.

The car isn't really early production as well as it was built 4/19.

I thought I knew everything but I guess it shows that we can all learn something new even after 11 years.

Car is owned by Steve from Kar Kraft and they are straight up people. It's a nice clean car with a few bolt on mods. The biggest detractor on the car is that it is fully undercoated with the sticky crappy stuff.

That's pretty cool. So it's technically a pre-production car, asi n 1st Cobra made?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
So are you gonna share the pix with us, Mark, or you just gonna tease us about having them? :D

Did they give you any history on the car, especially about the rear bumper? Just when you think you know it all, WHAM, you look like an idiot...

I looked at the ad again and it is talking about the exhaust and says "AND FORD EXPORT EXHAUST SYSTEM (NO CATS FOR EXPORT CARS, VERY NICE SOUND WITHOUT BEING TOO LOUD)"

Never heard of a Ford Export exhaust system. Mark, are you letting the gang over at scoa.org know about this car and it's uniqueness?

93SVTCobra

Established Member
The export exhaust is simply an off road H-pipe.

I'm going to send everything to them.

They really didn't know much about the car or how it got on the car.

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
Originally posted by 93SVTCobra
First 16 Cobra's were all different colors. 8 of them were the VERY rare Performance Red (non-clearcoated cars)

Thanks for setting me straight. :) I was not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread