Easiest way to compress Brembo pistons?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I agree with opening a bleeder. Unless an owner is on top of their brake system maintenance and keeps it flushed and filled with clean fluid as needed/recommended, pushing the brake caliper pistons back into the caliper with the system closed is only going to force all of the contaminated/rusty fluid back into the master cylinder.

All of that nasty/rusty tea colored (or even worse) fluid is also in the ABS system...............YUCK!

If your brake fluid looks like "pee", you are in good shape, if it looks like "tea" or even worse "root beer"............Rusty contaminated fluid......

At 600 original miles I added the Baer Extreme upgrade to the rear of my 2008, this is the fluid that was in the system............

001_zpsiavmwxzc.jpg

and the Rust settled in the bottom when the bottle had laid on its side............

002_zpsleechnr3.jpg

As I mentioned, that was 600 original miles and it was already looking like tea, and visible rust contaminants in the bottom of the bottle. <<Over time, that rust works great with rubber seals in the alum. and/or stainless master cyl. and caliper piston bores!

Before I did any rear brake upgrade, I completely flushed the system of the contaminated fluid and then installed the parts, and then bled the new parts.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread