easiest way to fill 2.3 whipple

SicilianMobster

Established Member
ok first question.... What's the easiest way to add s/c oil???? Also how do you know when its full? Thanks in advance

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
what generation do you have? .. the newer versions have a site glass in the front

SicilianMobster

Established Member
It does have a sight glass.... But I thought it was a Gen 1. Guess not.... Does it have to be to the top of the sight glass or in the middle? Do i check it cold or after a drive once the oil settles?

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
sc oil

It does have a sight glass.... But I thought it was a Gen 1. Guess not.... Does it have to be to the top of the sight glass or in the middle? Do i check it cold or after a drive once the oil settles?

Once the vehicle has been turned off and the oil is settled, it should be between 1/4 (min) and 1/2 (max). I have mine slightly below the max, which, is halfway up the sight glass.

You should have a bolt with an allen top on the front left (looking from the front of the car) of the s/c. Remove that and fill. Just make sure you wait until the oil has settled. Don't go above 1/2 way as they make a ton of pressure inside and too much oil will cause issues.

If you have to remove some, I use an oil pump. Stick the hose in the hole and pump a little oil. There is not a ton to begin with so don't such too much out right away.

SicilianMobster

Established Member
The freaking plug was a really soft metal and the threads stripped out/rounded from the inside....... HELP! easiest way to get it out?

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member

I would call Whipple. I would say an EZ - out, however, you do not want to get metal shavings inside the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread