Eating a Hemi for lunch

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Stopped in to my tire shop this afternoon to get a pair of new Pirelli Pzero's i had ordered put on my GT500. After getting everything done i go for a short cruise with the new rubber to see how it grips compared to the michelin pilot sports i had.

As i enter the highway from the on ramp i notice a black charger coming up on me pretty hard. As he gets right beside and passes me just a bit i notice the "SRT8" emblem on the trunk lid. So i catch up to him and look over and lets out a rev so high i swore he almost blew up his motor LoL.

So i drop down to 3rd gear (we had some traffic behind us so i couldnt slow down to 2nd gear so i could give him maximum ownage) He drops down as well i honk it off and we both hit it.

And omg did those Pzero's stick! Not to shabby for only driving on them for 20 mins. Ok now back to the race, I pull away from the SRT and i would honestly say i put about a bus length on this black charger then shut down at 125 -130. He caught back up and waved at me i of course waved back he then slowed down a bit more and got behind and stayed there LoL.

Nice mid day run for my Shelby and it had been a month since i have driven my 500 last so it was also nice to hear the S/C whine :rockon:

P.S - After this race while still on the highway, a 5.0 raced up and beat me by 6 bus lengths. It was hard to see him after that as he left 2 tire marks on the highway that were on fire as he traveled back into time.

Beware of the 5.0!!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
This didn't happen to be a black on black srt8 with a super loud exhaust?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill on the Charger. I was told over the years to let the bead set on new tires before tearing into them because they can spin on the rim? I had Pzero's on the 5.0 initially, thought they hooked well for all season rubber.

nonliberal

Established Member
Nice kill! :thumbsup:
Only part of the story I found questionable is the Pirelli Pzero's stick..
I couldn't get them to stick at 60mph with an automatic. :shrug:

Of course I had cheap ass GT suspension though.

Naturesmistake

Established Member
I was the 5.0. I come from the future. We go back to the 13/14 body style because the S550 was deemed too ugly. I was packing 7000 rwhp stock on pump gas. Ford came out with a better intake manifold and a better flowing exhaust.

Good kill.

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
P.S - After this race while still on the highway, a 5.0 raced up and beat me by 6 bus lengths. It was hard to see him after that as he left 2 tire marks on the highway that were on fire as he traveled back into time.

Beware of the 5.0!!

haha Did you happen to feel the sonic boom from when it broke the sound barrier?:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread