Eaton E-Locker vs. The Boss's Locker.....

323MACH1

*MACH 1 CRU!$E M!$$LE*
Established Member
What's the better Differential, Eaton E-Locker (Eaton Electronic ELocker Differential) or The Boss (Mustang) Differential locker (2012 Mustang Boss 302 Torsen Differential, M-4204-Mb). The Eaton is priced at 709.99, and the Boss Torsen is priced at 849.99. :??:...........:shrug:?????

I'm currently running an Auburn Pro, its time to switch it out.......:kaboom:

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Your signature says you have an eaton e-locker?:shrug:

Anyway, if you want drag racing performance then you want the e-locker. If you are looking for street driving or road racing performance then the torsen diff would be better. All depends on what your use is

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Hate to seem like I'm thread-jacking.... but can an E-locker be installed in an IRS diff?

Yes, not really sure why you would do that though. Locker is only a benefit if you are drag racing or off-roading (hope not). I know people still drag race with their IRS, but if you are trying to get the best traction and use a locker, I would suggest using it in an SRA. But that's just my opinion

perry2k12

Established Member
So your telling me a torsen is a better application for a street driven car with IRS? My limited slip is getting pretty right-wheel happy if that makes sense.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
So your telling me a torsen is a better application for a street driven car with IRS? My limited slip is getting pretty right-wheel happy if that makes sense.

Correct. You could get a replacement lsd, or just replace the clutch disks in yours. The e-locker acts as an open differential when you don't have it locked, so you will not get nearly as much traction as you would with a torsen or clutch type lsd.

323MACH1

*MACH 1 CRU!$E M!$$LE*
Established Member
Your signature says you have an eaton e-locker?:shrug:

Anyway, if you want drag racing performance then you want the e-locker. If you are looking for street driving or road racing performance then the torsen diff would be better. All depends on what your use is

Thx Sonic,

I'm leaning on that Torsen, its time to detune my mach a little bit and focus on the street, & less strip. That Torsen sounds like an animal on the ROAD. Next step is to swap this F1R off for a twin screw. Sonic whats the exact parts I need for a TS swap other then the lower intake manifold. I seen you swapped out in your 02 GT.

Last edited:

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
Yeah, the T2 and T2R are both awesome differentials. My car is slowly being turned into a road racing car, and the T2R is what's going into mine. For your TS swap you have a couple options. You can either find a kb kit for 99/01 cobras and machs, or get an eaton swap setup from someone minus the eaton, and throw a TS on there. I bought a swap from the market on here and a lot of the parts were missing or broken, so I ended up spending a lot piecing the rest of it together.

Take a look at this thread ---> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/526574-03-04-eaton-blower-99-01-a.html

It will give you an idea of whats involved. Keep an eye out in the market for a complete swap. They pop up pretty often, but its good to read over that list to make sure you are getting everything.

If you dont want a really big blower, the KB kit would be the easiest for you.
'99-'01 Cobra 4.6 4V Supercharger

Last edited:

323MACH1

*MACH 1 CRU!$E M!$$LE*
Established Member
Yeah, the T2 and T2R are both awesome differentials. My car is slowly being turned into a road racing car, and the T2R is what's going into mine. For your TS swap you have a couple options. You can either find a kb kit for 99/01 cobras and machs, or get an eaton swap setup from someone minus the eaton, and throw a TS on there. I bought a swap from the market on here and a lot of the parts were missing or broken, so I ended up spending a lot piecing the rest of it together.

Take a look at this thread ---> http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/new-edge-cobras-51/526574-03-04-eaton-blower-99-01-a.html

It will give you an idea of whats involved. Keep an eye out in the market for a complete swap. They pop up pretty often, but its good to read over that list to make sure you are getting everything.

If you dont want a really big blower, the KB kit would be the easiest for you.
'99-'01 Cobra 4.6 4V Supercharger

Thx Sonic!!!!!!!

Terminator Owners are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

323MACH1

*MACH 1 CRU!$E M!$$LE*
Established Member
:burnout:Researched and found out that on-trackperformance.com/torsen.htm

The guy is a member on SVTPERFORMANCE, and he gives SVTP DISCOUNTS......660.00 bucks...........:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread