Eaton IAT's

CJK440

Established Member
What are typical intercooled eaton IAT's like around down? X degrees above ambient??

I swapped a saleen supercharger on my 2V that has an M90 and intercooler. I know most people looking at this thread with have an M112 but I'm guessing they should be close at around town use.

My IAT's are around 128 degrees on an 85 degree day just cruising around town. I verified the intercooler system is flowing and coolant lines at the back of the manifold are cool to touch on a hot motor, but is the intercooler really needed off boost? I wonder what non intercooled guys see in particular ones with a non intercooled SVO M90 based kit.

At the end of a long 3rd gear WOT pull IAT's go to 170......

Either my IAT sensor is fubar or my intercooler is not flowing correctly.......

I'm trying to keep from tearing it down to look for something stupid.....

bigjeezy04

White Mammoth
Established Member
U have a series 1-2 Saleen set up! They always run hot there intercooler sucks and if u have the stock Saleen heat exchanger get rid of it there horrible! I have a series 4 on my dd Vic and it runs about 120-130 on a very hot day and get to about 145 after a pull but cools right back down I have a stock cobra exchanger! No need to tear it down its normal for these inless u find a chicane intercooler but get ready to spend about 600-1000$ on that

CJK440

Established Member
Yes, Series 2 recently rebuilt and rotors coated by steig. I have a big dual pass bar/plate HX, new LFP intercooler and heat shield over the IC that forces all boost to go thru core. Air filter is in the fender. 2.66 pulley reaches 11 PSI peak. IC coolant gets luke warm at best.

For fun (and to check IC operation) I turned off my IC pump and IAT's got to 150 around town. That's a hell of a lot of heat for the blower to be putting into the motor with the bypass open no?? How the heck did the non-intercooled SVO/FRPP superchargers work??

Once I turned the intercooler pump back on, around town IAT's dropped 30 degrees so its functioning, whether or not its efficient is another story.

My tuner wants me to get IAT's down either by fixing something (which sounds like I am just facing a poor design) or installing water/meth injection. I'm tired of throwing money at this thing and meth injection is feeling like a bandaid.

nxhappy

Established Member
meth would be a great option. They don't call it the Heaton for nothin.

Users who are viewing this thread