eaton m90 sc

Ridge

Established Member
does anyone know if a eaton m90 from a thunderbird will fit my 3.8 ive herd it will and wont and was wondering if anyone really knows?

66sprint6

Blown Inliner (soon)
Established Member
I believe the Eaton M90 is off a 3.8 isnt it? Ive seen quite a few people with 6 banger stangs putting the supercoupe M90 on. I say go for it! I was goin to put an M90 on my 66 6 banger but Im thinkin turbo instead. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes!
Matt

Ridge

Established Member
i am really thinking about doing this, i would just like to know how much trouble it will be for me to bolt it up? ive never herd of any installing tips or anything and ive searched for months but i might just be typing in the wrong thing for searches.

8ate8

Established Member
The blower can be adapted to fit, but as stated, it is in no means a direct bolt on. The IC tubes will most likely be not long enough and may be interupted by other devices in your engine bay. I've heard of people just bypassing the IC, and doing a custom tube out of the SC top that just wraps around and goes back into the return plenum.

Have fun making brackets :)

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I don't know how much you know about S/Cing, but in the event that you aren't well informed on this, then allow me to explain something here.....

it's very unwise to simply go and bolt on a S/Cer w/out having a complete S/Cer kit that's intended specifically for your car. You'll very likely need to become your own engineer, and you own fabricator during such an endeavor. I know of someone on the marauder board who's not only a professional mechanic, but also an owner of a speed shop, and it was a nightmare for him to install a S/cer on his car w/out having a kit for it. he told me that it wasn't even worth it.

Furthermore, a complete kit ewill come w/a chip that's burned for the fuel/air ratio settings, and the ignition timing advance settings that your engine will need for S/Cing. And that's very important, because if you don't have thoise settings exactly correct for your engine, you'll melt your pistons, crack them, or blow the head gasket in short order.

So you might be looking to S/C your car the inexpensive way, but you'll likely regret trying to do it that way in the longrun.

Users who are viewing this thread