Eaton/Nitrous questions

Dalton_ray

Established Member
Hey guys, have a 2003 vert with 43xxx miles, 2.76 pulley, longtubes, o/r xpipe, JLT RAI, aftermarket heat exchanger, reservoir tanks, 60# injectors, KB BAP...

Heres what i'm wondering... Been looking into spraying the car alot recently and think i'm going to pull the trigger on a kit..

Looking at nitrous express shark nozzle kit post maf wet shot, already have MSD window switch (thinking of spraying 3k-6k rpm)...

Will my car handle a 75-150 shot on 91 octane dyne? Anything you guys would recommend??

Any advice is helpful i'm a noob to nitrous world. :rollseyes

cj428mach

Established Member
Why not a bigger blower? Then the power is always there.

I think I've read to do nitrous right you're getting into bigger blower territory money wise.

Rambro

Established Member
Why not a bigger blower? Then the power is always there.

I think I've read to do nitrous right you're getting into bigger blower territory money wise.

I think if he's just wanting to do a 75-100 shot the nitrous kit will be cheaper than a aftermarket blower. I hear what you're saying about upgrading blowers but that almost always gets very expensive. When you get to the point of going twin screw you might as well go all out the first time because a pump gas twin screw won't cut it for very long. Plan on going return, RXT, ect.. It's all a viscous cycle.

Rambro

Established Member
And OP I think 75-100 shot is about the limit with the basics, BAP, 60's but I might be wrong about that. I would also run some Torcco just to be safe.

cj428mach

Established Member
Wait so 600rwhp twin screw power will require more supporting mods than 600rwhp on nitrous?:??:

I'm pretty sure people I've heard people say its close to 2k to do Nitrous right. Sure you can just throw on a nitrous kit but if you want a bottle warmer, fuel pressure safety setups, window switches etc. I wouldn't know as I'm not a nitrous guy but this is just what I've heard. I have a friend that runs nitrous on his drag car and has melted engines down countless times over the years so I know I personally would want all the safetys you can have in there.

Rambro

Established Member
Wait so 600rwhp twin screw power will require more supporting mods than 600rwhp on nitrous?:??:

I'm pretty sure people I've heard people say its close to 2k to do Nitrous right. Sure you can just throw on a nitrous kit but if you want a bottle warmer, fuel pressure safety setups, window switches etc. I wouldn't know as I'm not a nitrous guy but this is just what I've heard. I have a friend that runs nitrous on his drag car and has melted engines down countless times over the years so I know I personally would want all the safetys you can have in there.

He's just wanting to know what size shot he can get away with on pump gas, not a drag car with a serious nitrous hit. If it you have to put 2000 dollars into a kit to spray a 100 shot then I guess it would be better to go TS.

Dalton_ray

Established Member
I totally understand the twin screw, i just can't afford it for now.. All in all i have $600 in kit, 200 in window/full throttle switch so only at 800.. Well below what i'd have to spend for a twin screw.. Was just trying to see what people say about running spray on these vehicles and how they respond..

b_dike

Established Member
I totally understand the twin screw, i just can't afford it for now.. All in all i have $600 in kit, 200 in window/full throttle switch so only at 800.. Well below what i'd have to spend for a twin screw.. Was just trying to see what people say about running spray on these vehicles and how they respond..

Not to mention a bottle heater, remote opener, and a pair of tunes. So probably another $800 on top of that... I've been researching a nitrous setup myself, and it adds up fast.

Dalton_ray

Established Member
I got the bottle heater with the NX kit i bought, and don't need a remote opener since it will be mounted on my rear seat delete, and my tuner will only charge 150 for the retune on my car since I just got it dynoed ~6 months or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread