Eaton Oil Change?

Mack45

TERMN8 U
Established Member
Just wondering how often you should change the Eaton Oil with a 2.95 RR upper? I have around 30K mi. so no rush!!!

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
dunno but buy GM supercharger oil it's the same stuff and alot cheaper. Get it from a chevy dealer.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
It's generally recommended that if your pullied, you should change it every 15,000 miles. I change mine every spring before racing season so for me it's about every 6,500 miles.

ctubbs

Established Member
I just did mine this weekend. I paid $12 bucks for a bottle from the GM dealer here in town. Just go to the parts counter and ask for supercharger oil. Comes in a little 4oz black bottle.

VincodeY

Established Member
Ummm...idk about changing it that often. The stock blower oil should be good for 100k miles. Of course, you may want to change it before then or with a pulley swap but the stuff lasts awhile. I changed mine at 57K and it looked fine, and smelt like a bag of assholes. lol

IronTerp

Ummm...idk about changing it that often. The stock blower oil should be good for 100k miles. Of course, you may want to change it before then or with a pulley swap but the stuff lasts awhile. I changed mine at 57K and it looked fine, and smelt like a bag of assholes. lol
Well, my blower speed will "occasionally" hit 20,000 RPM which tends to produce just a little more heat than the factory boost setup, (13,500+/- RPM). I tend to think this will have a little more affect on the Eaton's lubrication system.

IronTerp

Coincidentally, I removed my Eaton tonight and went ahead and drained out the old oil the easy way. Looked fine. But the new stuff will look even finer!!

And many of us use Mobil 1 10w-30. Me included. Works great.

Juruense

Banned
Make sure you wear a face shield when you pull the plug so that the hot oil does not spray in your eyes! Seriously, this is a significant danger.

Shadowfax

Established Member
The stock blower oil should be good for 100k miles.

I'm using GM Supercharger Fluid, 2.93/4lb and I need to change mine after 5000 miles or so. The heat generated causes the oil in my supercharger to vaporize. When I crack open the fill plug, vapor escapes with a hiss you can hear. I never drain close to the 6 oz. that goes back in. It doesn't leak, it burns. Change it often.

Mack45

TERMN8 U
Established Member
Thanks guys for the help. I think I may wander over to GM and see about buying some oil for it. Thinking about painting the blower too? ANy ideas of paint I should use?

Users who are viewing this thread