Eaton swap and stock tune

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I just finished up an eaton swap on my 01 Cobra, I'm gonna enjoy driving this car again! :banana: Having it tuned next week but is it OK to drive the car there or do I need to tow it? The car is running stock boost, 03 injectors, 03 mass air and 03 dual pump tank. The tuner said that he can't email me a safe tune because I have a predator. Is there anyway to somehow get a stock 03 tune I can download just to drive it there or is it OK to drive it as. I'm afraid to wash the cylinders down with gas... Thanks guys! :burnout:

71catruck

Established Member
when my eaton swap was tuned it was towed there. like you said bigger injector at a stock pulse is going to mean it will be rich but idk how much it will be. i wouldnt want to risk it but it might be ok. youll have fun with it though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
With as much stuff as you've changed I would tow it. It will probably be barely driveable right now anywa.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I don't think the car will run well enough to drive. Your PCM thinks it should have an 80mm MAF with 24# injectors. I always thought the car had to be programmed for the Maf you have or it won't run.

I used an SCT tuner and my tuner mailed me the handheld with a base tune for my injectors, MAF, etc so the car would run and drive. I had my friend tow it up to the dyno for tune though.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
If you swap to 39lbs injectors & 90mm maf at the same time, it tricks the computer...thinking it's running stock injectors/maf. But....it will be really rich. I ran my car like that for 1000 miles, still got 26mpg too.

Users who are viewing this thread