eaton swap question, NOT ABOUT INSTALL!!!!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
joshCOBRAA said:
ive got a smaller pulley and it helps alot and i was thinking about getting my eaton ported and polished some ppl told me it would help about 40 + HP
yes, we're all aware of the gains associated with a smaller blower pulley. keep in mind though, 99/01's don't have the forged internals to handle much more than 10 psi. also, welcome to SVTP!

01 Venom

Established Member
I hear ya nick, it improves the blower so much. I cringe when I here people running unported Eatons. It doesnt cost that much, steggy swings em very quickly, just do it.

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
I plan on porting my blower soon, even though i have the forged 04 short block, i dont want to run that much boost. And I was VERY impressed with Nicks numbers with the stock pulley, thats the main reason I considered porting the blower.

01 Venom

Established Member
ya man we both made 470 RWHP, stock pulley ported blower. Not only that, the intake air temp is brought WAY WAY down which in my mind is always a good thing. Heat is the enemy

wallie40

Established Member
In both Nick's and Pat's case they were both running stock compression, hence why the low boost gives hi #'s. If you are going to run the stock 03/4 cobra block with a non-ported blower and stock pulley you will be disappointed.

just a thought.

-pAul

JohnnysCobra

Established Member
wallie40 said:
In both Nick's and Pat's case they were both running stock compression, hence why the low boost gives hi #'s. If you are going to run the stock 03/4 cobra block with a non-ported blower and stock pulley you will be disappointed.

just a thought.

-pAul

That is a good point. Although I bought the 04 block so that i could run higher boost without too much of a risk, when i was planning on installing the blower on my stock 99 bottom end I really liked the numbers that the ported eatons put up. (especially because they dont seem to add any more stress/heat to the internals than a stock blower)---Just my opinion/observations...nobody has to agree with me.

By the way, I know there is a difference in compression ratios between the stock 99 and stock 04, but does anyone know what the exact ratios are?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
99/01 = 9.85

03/04 = 8.50

01 Venom said:
ya man we both made 470 RWHP, stock pulley ported blower. Not only that, the intake air temp is brought WAY WAY down which in my mind is always a good thing. Heat is the enemy
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
hey, did you get my pm?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread