Eaton swap

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
First off if your going to say search don't bother posting as I can cause I'm posting from my phone and can't search. But I believe I have all the parts in front of me ready but what kind of numbers can I expect with 03 heads and a ported Eaton with a 2.8 pully and is it worth the money

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
None at the moment but I'm not afraid of dropping some money into it especially to be able to use any supercharger I want. Just wanted to know if its worth it before I go talking money

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Probably not worth the $$$ unless you get a hell of a deal.

There is a complete list here somewhere, wait till you get home and search, you will find plenty of info.

IIRC search "03 blower" and you should get results.

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
Any way I can get a copy paste of the list. And regardless I still think its gonna be worth it in my mind.....something not many do ya know.... But still kinda curious on what kind of numbers to expect

Toasty

Established Member
Any way I can get a copy paste of the list. And regardless I still think its gonna be worth it in my mind.....something not many do ya know.... But still kinda curious on what kind of numbers to expect

Well a factory 4.6 with a factory eaton makes 390RWHP flywheel horsepower or about 350-360 RWHP.

If you replicated the factory setup, you would probably get something similar. If its factory setup and a smaller pulley then I'd expect something similar to what a ported eaton and 2.8 pulley produces. Now the 03's have 8.5:1 compression and your car has 9.8:1 factory compression. I would imagine you wont be able to run as much timing under the same level of boost thereby robbing some power.

Why dont you just wait until you're sitting at a real computer and use the search function? I mean ur talking about a swap worth alot of money and you're not willing to do proper research - insisting on using your phone to cherry pick info from us? Real nice guy.... I'm sure your swap will turn out _real_ well...

Last edited:

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
No I have been researching for awhile hence why I am sitting on all the parts. I just don't have a computer at the moment due to military service and my phone is all I have. I'm not trying to cherry pick info from anyone I need a quick answer but thanks for the input

1998BlueSVT

Snake Bitten
Established Member
Heads, fuel rails, injectors, crossover, upper and lower intake, throttle body, supercharger, pleneum, couple olther little pieces here and there its all pretty much mine since the car will be right in front of me as long as I name the right price,

Users who are viewing this thread