Eaton vs. Roush

Adltdrvn

Established Member
Does anybody else find it odd that Roush claims their blower will bring a 3V 281 to 445 crank HP at 5lbs of boost and our Eaton blower at 8.5lbs of boost only brings our 4V 281's to 390? :shrug:

I would say that Ford severely under rated the Terminator or Roush is full of $hit.

Does anyone have dyno #'s for the Roush 427R? They use the Roushcharger at 5-6 lbs of boost.

Ryushin

Established Member
Well, our cars make about 425-430 on the stock engine and tune. So we need to make sure we're comparing true HP and not the 390 that Ford said that we had.

At first I thought the ROUSHcharger system was a TVS blower, but it's just a Eaton M90 which is even smaller than our 112. According Roush's web site you also need to send in your PCM so they can put a tune on it. The 4.6 3 valve is a higher compression engine, so there isn't much room to add boost.

I'm not sure what the total pressure is in the 4.6 3 valve at that point, but it's probably going to be somwhere around where the cobra is using a 2.93" pulley. So how much HP does a stock Cobra make with a 2.93" pulley and a tune? That's probably a better comparison.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
T he 445hp rating comes fron the roushcharger and the pulley(73mm or 2.80) up-grade roush offers. the m90 super charger that come stock has a (2.93) pulley and is rated at 415hp. these #'s are some what infliated. my gf has an 06gt with a roushcharger and dyno #'s on stock pulley were only 362rwhp/340rwtq which seems kinda low for a s/cer rated at 415hp. she installed the pulley up-grade and the car dynoed at 384rwhp/361rwtq ,the roush #'s are rated kinda high!

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Hope this helps:

07 Roush Stage 3, zero mods. ON the Mustang dyno here's the specs.

Max RWHP 368.3 at 5799 rpm with Weather Correction factor 355.3 rwhp

Max Torque 352.9 at 4334 rpm with Weather Correction factor 340 tq

---------------------------------------------------------------------

07 427R

I was pleasently suprised along with the dyno fellow at the results...This is just the Roush Small pulley and Roush tune done in August of 2007.
If in NJ, this place is a great shop, great people. Very clean, professional; everything you would want in a shop.

First Run
409.74 RWHP
390.81RWTQ

Second Run
415.48 RWHP
388.82 RWTQ

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the before/after dynosheet from my Roush pulley upgrade on my otherwise stock 07 427R.

The stock tune in my car was way off or angry about something. The AFR was about 10:1 to 10.5:1. We datalogged it and it had about 33 degrees of timing and the fuel trim was dumping 15% extra fuel into it . I was surprized it put down as much as it did as crappy as it was running. We did 3 runs and datalogged the last 2 and they were all the same. The place I dyno sells gobs of Stage 3s and 427Rs and they install tons of these Roushchargers. The dyno operator said he had never seen one be off like that and they are almost always 12:1 across the board.

Anyhow, fast forward 3 days and a pulley swap & ECM upgrade later and everything is good again. AFR was 12:1 straight across the board. I picked up not quite 24 rwhp and 19 rwtq from the pulley upgrade. I don't think that's typical but that's what it did. The weather conditions were almost identical both days, too.

Kinda strange! I'm glad I did the upgrade especially since I was limping around with a 10:1 AFR and didn't know it. Sad thing is that it has been raining ever since I got the ECM back so I haven't got to get on it yet.

Clipboard01-37.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Roush 427R
Dyno Run 1
Steeda CAI, SCT Tuner, & 427R o/r X-pipe

Dyno Run 2
BBR 2.57 S/C Pulley & Idler Pulley

RickRichardson.jpg

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
Alot of the Roush cars with a stock Roush tune the A/F ratio are very rich from the factory but if you change tunes to SCT or something else you will see upwards of 440 to the wheels it just depends on the tune and the A/F ratio

Users who are viewing this thread