eBay coolant tanks?

kreymis

Established Member
So it appears my coolant reservoir cap has begun to leak during spirited driving. I have a new motor craft cap but was thinking maybe now is the time to replace the stock plastic tank. I see many on eBay for around $100 or so compared to bane brands on lethal or canton for well over $2-300. Has anyone used the inexpensive eBay tanks? FYI it’s just a weekend cruiser vert with kenne bell 2.6- no tracking.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't have any personal experience, but it's hard to mess up a tank. I'm not saying it's impossible though. Maybe you can have it leak tested before putting it on just to be sure the quality is there?

Or they could be the blanks that everyone uses and puts their names on before marking up.

GodStang

Established Member
I don't have any personal experience, but it's hard to mess up a tank. I'm not saying it's impossible though. Maybe you can have it leak tested before putting it on just to be sure the quality is there?

Or they could be the blanks that everyone uses and puts their names on before marking up.

Remember when cantons where popping welds on a daily basis? Pepperidge Farms Remembers!

kreymis

Established Member
So might be a safe buy off eBay? I assume they reuse stock caps

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Well…kinda looks like the one I have on my car, which came on the car when I bought it. Other than it looking like it’s swelled a bit, it’s held up well since I’ve had the car for the past 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread