Ebay deal: 94 saleen S351 for 25k buy it now!

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
albino96 said:
" Engine: 6 CYLINDER 3.8 LITER "

:dw:

Yeah the S351...when you run the VIN shows up as a 6 cylinder mustang. My buddy had a brand new one, and it said that. Its a great deal on that car...but I hate RED :xpl:

mystic1219

Established Member
i think that is because the saleens come off of the ford line as a V6, then go to saleen for the upgrades, at least they used to be that way I think (newer mustangs may be based off of the V8 platform). I think some of the saleens dont have the Mach 460 due to this??

CFRacer22

Established Member
mystic1219 said:
i think that is because the saleens come off of the ford line as a V6, then go to saleen for the upgrades, at least they used to be that way I think (newer mustangs may be based off of the V8 platform). I think some of the saleens dont have the Mach 460 due to this??

thats actaully pretty cool cause it would be cheaper on insurance

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
CFRacer22 said:
thats actaully pretty cool cause it would be cheaper on insurance

Yeah pretty cool until you wrap it up and only get payed on a 6 banger. Be honest with your insurance man, it will pay off in the long run!

CS_98Vobra

Established Member
Hey guys. It is my car for sale there on Ebay. You are correct that Saleen started with mostly V-6 cars when doing their conversions - they felt it was more economical since they were swapping out the engine, tranny, exhaust, suspension, bumpers, wheels. They did do some V-8 cars - but then switched back to V-6 cars. Car is in great shape - I just got done with the car - I had always wanted one. I hoped to park it in the garage and drive on weekends and car shows - but we are expecting another child and I barely had enough time with one kid to get the car done - so I figured I would sell it off and get something that I can drive all the time and not feel bad about putting miles on. So, I am looking for an 03/04 Cobra when this car sells.

I am definately loosing money with everything I have put in car - but I guess that is true of just about any car.

Thanks!

Chris

jf4boogie

Established Member
I'll be damn...small world ^^^

How much boost is it running? Any hp/tq #'s ??

CS_98Vobra

Established Member
The blowers that were installed on the early Saleens were only A-trims - I was going to upgrade it to an S-trim in my next round of upgrades. So, it only blows about 8lbs. of boost. The car makes about what it did from Saleen - since I really didn't do any thing to improve performance. Performance upgrades were going to be next (new intake and heads) - the modified Saleen intake really chokes the engine - it falls on its face about 5000-5500rpms. Car made 400rwhp at 5000rpm - but then falls off due to intake. Car made 430ft/lbs at 4500 rpm. New intake and this car would make a ton more power - I just didn't want to change it out - it kind of validates that it is a real Saleen. It wasn't about all out power anyways - I wanted a nice cruiser and looker with this car.

Thanks.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread