Ebay Flip Key

evoforlife

Established Member
So I figured i would share this with everyone since it was really difficult to find a lot of questions that i had about doing this mod on the internet!

I bought a flip key for a 2008 Ford Mustang off ebay

Found here:
New Ford Lincoln Mercury Flip Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote - 4 Button | eBay

Upon receiving it i had some concerns because it was a little longer then the original key, which I then found out doesn't matter when cutting the key!

I first went to Lowes and the key guy there said he was not sure if he could cut it perfectly. I didnt want to ruin the key so i looked up some locksmiths and they were just too expensive for just cutting a simple key!

I looked around online and found out that Home Depot and a bunch of other stores sell Ford keys that can open the car doors but do not have chips in them to start the car. I proceeded to go to Home Depot and first had them cut one of the keys that could open the doors just to make sure it would fit the GT500 and it worked perfectly!

Next step was to make sure the ebay key fit the same specs as the stock key which is a 24 spec key and it fit perfect! They proceeded to cut the key and did not charge me a penny to get the key cut out!

I went to the car door and tried the key and it worked! Then i tried the ignition worked as well!

Next is the programming part, which i was able to do the first time with no problems.

This is the site I used for the programming reference:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8728710/Doc-8-7-10_4-17_PM.pdf

20120728_162047.jpg

20120728_162034.jpg

This key looks great and performers flawlessly! Way more unique piece then the 1998 Ford Explorer key!!!

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Yo, good to see you post here Chris. This is Steve from TAC. Glad this all worked out for you

evoforlife

Established Member
Yeah man you definitely need to scoop one up! I couldn't make it to bradenton tonight my gf is really sick so im taking care of her all night :/

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Hope she feels better. We'll have the pics up on FB soon. I just hope Keith's GTR doesn't beat me up tonight. I'm just afraid out of the hole! lol

evoforlife

Established Member
yeah those things are nasty. They can run 10s with just tune, downpipes, and drop in filters

Users who are viewing this thread