eBay: Ford SVT Dealer Training Tape - 1998 SVT Contour

jwfisher

Banned
Link to eBay

Note: I can only accept transactions thru this eBay auction, I cannot accept anything outside of eBay.

==============================

For the SVT Collector and Enthusiast

Authentic, Original, & Extremely Rare SVT Dealer Training Tape for the 1998 SVT Contour

For the Owner, Restorer, Collector, or Enthusiast!

Ever wonder how your SVT dealer got trained? This is the 1998 model year SVT training tape sent to all Ford SVT dealers. As you may know, Ford SVT took great pains to get train representatives from dealers who had been chosen to handle SVT products. The 1998 SVT Contour was an exciting new opportunity for SVT - an All-american SVT-ized version of a very popular European performance front wheel drive sedan - known in America as the Contour. This was SVT's first (and so far, only) attempt at meeting and exceeding the famous 3 liter SHO Taurus.

This auction includes the dealer training tape, and the original 18-page color 1998 SVT Contour dealer brochure.

Video Tape

The video tape is in my opinion the best that Ford had done to date. It extensively covers the SVT Contoue, with particular emphasis on showing the difference in parts between the stock SE and the improved SVT. Ther eis also an extensive section detailing and showing the Extrude Hone process that was used on the intake manifold and secondary runners in the heads. This is a unique and rare opportunity for the SVT enthusiast to understand what Ford has done here!

Oddly, the videotape refers to the then all-new SVT Contour as alternatively a 1997 model and a 1998 model. SVT enthusiasts will remember that the exact launch date of the SVT Contour was changed back and forth - and the video tape reflects this last minute indecision.

The presenters are a combination of SVT and Ford personnel - the marketeers from SVT and the engineers from Ford who actually designed and built the car!

The tape continues with discussion by Bobby Rahall on European handling characteristics, lots of footage of vintage European race cars (including the early Mini), Pete Brock interview, and vintage footage of Shelby racing his Cobras and GT-40s in Europe.

This is really a unique Ford tape, available only to dealers for training purposes. It's 1 hour and 18 minutes in length.

You won't believe it's so extensive. In my opinion, it should have been sold by Ford to enthusiasts thru the SVO parts organisation. It belongs in every Ford collection.

Brochure

The dealer brochure is very typical for SVT first-year brochures; extensive pictures detailing the differences betweren the SVT and the car it was based on. The 18-page brochure includes detailed phoitos of the intake manifold, cylinder head, crankshaft forging proicess, rod forging proces,s intake passages, rod and piston assembly, disc brake differences, and of course th einterior and exteroiopr of the car. There is also a beautiful 2-page color cutaway drawing by David Kimble (famous for these types of drawings).

The materials are authentic, original, and in great condition. I have zero interest in collecting "copies" myself and I wouldn't foist any off on fellow enthusiasts.

Be sure to check my other auctions over the next week as I add more and more items for sale! I have an extensive collection with many extra and duplicate items - ranging from SVT and Ford collectibles, books, brochures, dealer training materials, industry materials, and films. Rather than continue to accumulate hundreds more of these items (and have to put another room onto my house!), I am selling them here so that they will go to a good home of a fellow enthusiast!

My home website: http://www.jwfisher.com contains much more unique SVT material.

I accept PayPal only, and will ship securely to any of the 50 states.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
i have that video on my hard drive. Have for years. Plays just fine...

$65 seems like a lot for a video tape.

Just my opinion of course...

Users who are viewing this thread