Ebay sale screwed over by the Nigerians.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I posted a cell phone on Ebay last week. Things go fine until the very last 20 hours or so. Then some idiot who is listed as being from Italy uses the Buy It Now feature while obviously not seeing the SHIPS TO US ONLY in bold letters. :fm:

So I send him a message stating I will not complete the transaction because I WILL NOT ship internationally.
Next day I get another message from him requesting a sales invoice. With an address to ship to Nigeria. So some idiot scammer has cost me $5 in listing fees. Is there any options Ebay gives that will allow you to relist it for free or at a discount because of douchebag scammers?

Its not that big of a deal, but I wouldn't mind re-listing it without having to pay again.

Thanks,
Lance :beer:

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
You can actually set it up on ebay so people from these countries can't buy from you.. I had the same problem selling my iPhone. People would wait till the last minute to buy it.. and It was always some sort of scam.. So I made it for US sales and Paypal only.

*Edit, Tell ebay what happened. You wont have to pay the relist fee's.. What your going through it quite common.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
That sucks. Buying and selling online has turned into a real hassle. Contact ebay, i'm sure they'll make it right

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
As said above. Some tool from Africa tried to buy my Z06, so I had to re-list it. Ebay waived all fees after I told them what happened. They gave me a completely free listing, which allowed me to add all sorts of "hey, look at me" goodies to my listing that I normally wouldn't pay for.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
I'd contact ebay. I'm sure they will give you a re-list!
Yeah, I did some searching and found out I can. Just need to report the member then do an "unpaid item" dispute.

You can actually set it up on ebay so people from these countries can't buy from you.. I had the same problem selling my iPhone. People would wait till the last minute to buy it.. and It was always some sort of scam.. So I made it for US sales and Paypal only.

*Edit, Tell ebay what happened. You wont have to pay the relist fee's.. What your going through it quite common.

I just found that out, definitely restricting bidders on the re list.

That sucks. Buying and selling online has turned into a real hassle. Contact ebay, i'm sure they'll make it right

Tell me about it, I don't sell stuff online very often. But it seems about 1 in 3 sales I have to deal with scammers.

Get their address and send them a box of shit. Cuz shit is what they are!

Haha, I should. He sent me his shipping address in some BS email. :lol:

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
how badass is your phone that a guy from italy wants it :dw:

Pretty badass I guess, lol. Maybe he travels to Italy during the summer? Because the mailing address he later emailed me was in Nigeria. :burnout:

The phone is a Samsung Omnia.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Get the address, load the box with a spring loaded catapult type device with shit loaded on it. Arm it by closing the box and send it out.

Users who are viewing this thread