EBC rotors and red calipers.

lightning_2001

Established Member
got my EBC front rotors today.gonna try to got them on tomorrow and paint the calipers.any suggestions would be cool.im also painting the shield behind the rotors black.
Photo_032707_001.jpg

Photo_032707_003.jpg

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i like the rotors.. just make sure you prep the calipers good so the paint sticks. good luck and post up pics when your done.

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Doing this soon with a set of Brembo rotors and would like to know if this paint will actually hold up overtime. Also, what are the oem calipers made from? Aluminum or Steel?

lightning_2001

Established Member
im pretty sure the front are steel.there heavy as hell.i think i remember reading that the back ones are aluminum.well i got the shield painted black and back on and i got one caliper done.i didnt get to finish cause i didnt have the bearing that goes inside the rotor.hopefully tomorrow i get it done.BTW does anyone know the part # to the bearings??
Photo_032707_005.jpg

Photo_032707_006.jpg

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
hmmm looks ok but if i ever decide to paint my calipers, which i doubt, but i would try and smooth out the roughness of them.

lightning_2001

Established Member
yeah i wanted too but had no time i jsut used this brake cleaner from auto zone,it worked pretty damn good.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I need to do my brakes too...but I honestly dont know how to change the ones on this truck! My 91GT no problem this thing...im confused LOL
I need to sit down and figure it all out :)

I hate being a noob :(

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
DSC01230.jpg

Thats how it will look when your're finished. i bought those same rotors and pads, and they are great.

lightning_2001

Established Member
kryo its super easy.the worst part so far was not having the bearings for the rotors and waiting for the paint to dry.when i get home i get the sizes of all the sockets and such for you and i little write up.
Thanks Fleeman got one side done had to come to work so i do the other when i get home.

smilinjack

Established Member
Rotors Again.... sorry

As far as rotors go, which is the preferred? Baer? Rotorpros? EBC? I'm ready to order mine and the more I read the less I am sure of what I'm getting into! I was kinda hooked on the Baers only because they seem to be a more frequented name. Could use some strong opinions here. Thanks, Jack

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
lightning_2001 said:
kryo its super easy.the worst part so far was not having the bearings for the rotors and waiting for the paint to dry.when i get home i get the sizes of all the sockets and such for you and i little write up.
Thanks Fleeman got one side done had to come to work so i do the other when i get home.

Id appreciate it bro.
On my 91 it was easy as pie 2 bolts and I was done (putting it short).
I havent tried to look at how these things go up close yet.

lightning_2001

Established Member
heres the tools Kryo.the rest is in case anyone needs a small HowTo.
socket wrench
18mm socket
15mm socket
t45 ??? ill remember later(for removing caliper)
pliers(for cotter pin removal)
flat head screw driver(to pry off cap)
8mm socket(if you want to remove shield behind rotor)
3/8 wrench (to bleed brakes)
first remove cap.then remove cotter pin,nut,washer and bearing.now use a 15mm socket to remove the oil line.(use something to catch oil)
next for the two main bolts that hold this vvv(see pic below)use a 18mm socket (with elbow grease) this way you can take the caliper off the rotor on a even surface.
Photo_032707_006.jpg

now use this.vvv(pic below) it has a t45 on it (but its NOT an allen) to remove the two screws that hold the piece from above to the caliper.
Photo_032907_002.jpg
Photo_032907_001.jpg

if you have the right tools its a cinch.the time waiting for the paint to dry is the bitch.

Users who are viewing this thread