EBC's on all three?

lightning_2001

Established Member
EBC's on all three!

that's right i get my brakes and went to work well i got driver front,driver back,passanger back and oh wait the screws on the passenger front got F'd on the first turn.so i go to loosen the bottom one to see if it helps the top one and oh that one got F'd on the first turn too.:fm: :cuss: and the sun just happen to go down like 20 minutes later.so i got three brand new brakes on my truck.:mj: .i guess imma take it to get an allen wrench welded on to the screw then ill just get some new screw's.and i wanted to wash her today.

Last edited:

lightning_2001

Established Member
ok jsut put enough elbow grease and we got it.no the brake pedal goes all the way down.does anyone know how to bleed the brakes on are trucks?

TheBigEdbosky

no... but your mom does
Established Member
WHAT??????:shrug::dw: dude you gotta stop posting the conversations you're having with the voices in your head:D

lightning_2001

Established Member
the voice in head said to tell you to shut up:) .no its just its my first time messing with the brakes so it was kinda trial and error.but i just bleed the brakes and there running good.i got the info i needed from one of gripstangs threads.

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
If you are just compressing the pistons back into the caliper you shouldn't have to bleed the brakes. Unless you cracked a line or a bleeder valve and let air in. You pedal will be soft after you change pads until you pump the brakes up so the pistons are touching the pads.

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
it is getting to be the time that i get some new pads. I am going to be swapping out the rotors at the same time, so that should be a fun day for me.

lightning_2001

Established Member
TriPodRacing said:
If you are just compressing the pistons back into the caliper you shouldn't have to bleed the brakes. Unless you cracked a line or a bleeder valve and let air in. You pedal will be soft after you change pads until you pump the brakes up so the pistons are touching the pads.
the thing is that i couldnt loosen the screws to get the caliper loose so i took of the whole thing so i could work on it.so i undid the line.i took it out but the brake never stiffened so i bleed them and it worked.stops like a champ.
ra1nmakr said:
it is getting to be the time that i get some new pads. I am going to be swapping out the rotors at the same time, so that should be a fun day for me.
what rotors are you getting.i gonna order the rotors as soon as i get paid.im going with the EBC slotted and dimpled one's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread