eclipse vs 02 Mustang Lx

Ridge

Established Member
well last night i decided to go for a drive and a eclipse started punching it and slowing down beside me and it sounded like it had something spooling up from the front end which is probley one of those tornado's, but we got side by side at a red light and when it turned green we punched it and in 1st gear i put about 2 cars on him hitting around 45 and shifting into second i put 4+ cars on him and let it go up to 75 before i decided to back off so with me only racing him in 2 gears i put about 5 or 6 cars on him and he wanted to go again. this time was at another light and his car sounded like it was going to take off form about 3k rpm so i decided to not even tac mine up and take off normal to get more off a race but i still pulled 2 cars on him in 1st and put around 6 cars on him in second. so thats not too bad for a v6 mustang that didnt get to go through the gears.

Ridge

Established Member
its no stock six third gear in this car gets up to 110 115, and it gets there very quick. i had to mod it after it only ran a 10 flat stock 1/8th mile i just couldnt stand having a slow car and my sig dosnt have half the stuff done to this car listed. right now its only problem is after third during my shift too 4th i get wheel spin putting me at 117 hitting the speed limiter..... still have to have that removed

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
What mods do you have? Saying you go a certain speed in a certain gear doesn't really say anything other than that you have a certain rear end gear ratio. When my car was stock I had a newer body eclipse run me and I pulled on him. We talked, he had about $1500 in mods including jet coated full exhaust, induction and a tune. Import shit just costs too much.

Ridge

Established Member
i got around 12 grand in mods to the car not all of this is in performace, some of its mods are, ram air, headers, air tube removed, its got a new clutch starter, complete new rear end assembly but its still stuck on factory gears, pullies, the rims and tires are actually alot lighter than my stock ones. it runs on a very very sticky tire and still has serious wheel spin into 4th ive got alot of mods in this car im not crazy for doing them because it was money that i stumbled on to so its basically like getting the mods for free, if i keep the car its newest mod will be to get it supercharged. my uncle drove the car today and dropped his jaw because of its performance he said it handled more like a v8 than anything, he was so impressed with the car he offerd to buy it but i had to refuse.

Last edited:

Ridge

Established Member
not all was stumbled upon but about 8,000 of it was, it was luck to get it too. it sad to tell the story but here it is, when the car was 1 month old my mom wanted to drive it to go shopping with the neighbor because she loved the way it looked, well on her way home a lady in a rice mobile was doing 55 in a 45, and did not hit her brakes coming up on a red light well the end of that was her car smashing into the rearend of my car, however he car did go under my car only damaging the bumper cover of my car. her car was a ruined it was so far under my car the my rear tires was not on the ground. when the insurance for her company came to look at my car he seen the bumper cover damage and looked at the body lines and seen that a panel was not on right and thought that ment the unibody was pushed up so i got a pretty big check to have my car fixed but did not even use and 1/8th of that, with that check i got my exhaust, new gt cover, and a bigger rear axel. then on may 17 04 my car was also ruined by another ricer, he tried to run a light and was so late at doing so that i was already turning with my traffic, well he hit my car head on damaging luckly only a few parts, front cover, metal bumber, absorber, fender, hood, hoodscoop, foglights, little things that i got fixed for nothing but the check from that wreck was over 5,000 so i got it fixed plus but more parts on because i got another estimate that was wrong, he said the raidator support and so on was damaged, so end of story my car has 2 other rice kills, and i love dumb insurance investagators

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
So rice made your car? That serves them right. I have a buddy with a v6 duals etc. it runs pretty fair but not a split port model. Good kill. :rockon:

Blackhalo

Established Member
Must have not have been a gst or gsx. Are we talking the newer model eclipses or the 95-99? None the less nice kill. And one other thing just cause its a eclipse dont mean its rice :0.

RED99COBRA

Established Member
"Serious wheel spin" with "very, very sticky tires" going from 3rd to 4th with no power adder on a "modded" Mustang V6 with a stock gear rear end? If that is the case I am driving the wrong car and need to invest in a V6. With that MPH you stated you are achieving in 3rd gear you are running knee deep in the 11's. Great "STORY".

Last edited:

budguy1967

Established Member
This sounds like a good fish story. No way this V6 was having traction issues with "very, very sticky tires" through all 4 gears as most Supercharged V-8's dont have this issue. I call BS...sorry.

BlownCobraGirl

~SVT Sweet Thang~
Originally posted by budguy1967
This sounds like a good fish story. No way this V6 was having traction issues with "very, very sticky tires" through all 4 gears as most Supercharged V-8's dont have this issue. I call BS...sorry.

Amen to that! So basically, you put $12,000 into your car to run imports like an eclipse? Have you taken it to the track? If you knew you were planning on spending so much money on this v6, why wouldn't you have just help off for an older cobra or GT? Do you have any clue what $12,000 can buy a 5.0?

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
You probably raced a lowly 2000+ Eclipse GT (sorry no turbo) which has the performance of a minivan but actually should still beat a V6 Mustang which is at the bottom of the faux speed food chain.

Users who are viewing this thread