Ecoboost Raptor: It's for real

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Well, in the build process at least. :banana:

[ame=http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13498211#post13498211]Eco-Raptor - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board[/ame]

slynch68

Established Member
unique build...I don't mean to burst everyone's ecoboost bubble but heavier tires and 4.10 gears will bring his gas mileage down to where the 6.2L range is. Guys are seeing 18mpg's with CAI, exhaust, and tune with the 6.2L anyway.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
unique build...I don't mean to burst everyone's ecoboost bubble but heavier tires and 4.10 gears will bring his gas mileage down to where the 6.2L range is. Guys are seeing 18mpg's with CAI, exhaust, and tune with the 6.2L anyway.

Agreed.

But I only get into the 16.5-18mpg range on the interstate...on flat ground.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If I had a Raptor, I wouldn't give a damn about gas mileage anyway haha. I just think it'd be awesome to have the Ecoboost in there with the insane tuning possibilities. Hoping the EB turns out to be like the BMW N54 engine as far as modding goes: tune and intake making 100whp over stock.

delvin.a

Established Member
If I had a Raptor, I wouldn't give a damn about gas mileage anyway haha. I just think it'd be awesome to have the Ecoboost in there with the insane tuning possibilities. Hoping the EB turns out to be like the BMW N54 engine as far as modding goes: tune and intake making 100whp over stock.

+1
That BMW motor is very cool and I know the EcoBoost an be just as bad arse

Users who are viewing this thread