ecoboost times

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I just got a weekly text from 'Car and Driver' magazine. They reported a 13.9 @111mph 1/4 time driving the EcoBoost MKS. That's the same time they ran a '96-'98 Cobra- but the mph trap speed-WOW!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Is it a done deal that they're putting this motor in a Mustang? If so, I can't wait to see how that runs, especially with a manual.
nope. it's only been speculation this far from everyone who thinks that it'll "obviously" happen. frankly, there really isn't a need for it in the mustang with the 5.0l on the way. sure, it would be great for the enthusiasts, but thats not fords main consumer either. AFAIK, there hasn't been any confirmation by an actual reliable source. look for the 3.5l or 3.7l V6 to replace the ancient 4.0l within the next few years. this will give ford a 300HP V6 on par with the camaro, a 400HP V8 on par with the SS, and the 540HP 'lonely at the top' GT500. it would just be redundant to put the ecoboost in there. an SE, maybe, hopefully(i love these engines!), but if i were betting my measly bank account i would bet against the ecoboost making it to mass production(though possibly SE).

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
nope. it's only been speculation this far from everyone who thinks that it'll "obviously" happen. frankly, there really isn't a need for it in the mustang with the 5.0l on the way. sure, it would be great for the enthusiasts, but thats not fords main consumer either. AFAIK, there hasn't been any confirmation by an actual reliable source. look for the 3.5l or 3.7l V6 to replace the ancient 4.0l within the next few years. this will give ford a 300HP V6 on par with the camaro, a 400HP V8 on par with the SS, and the 540HP 'lonely at the top' GT500. it would just be redundant to put the ecoboost in there. an SE, maybe, hopefully(i love these engines!), but if i were betting my measly bank account i would bet against the ecoboost making it to mass production(though possibly SE).

I agree, Ford won't put the ecoboost motor in the base Mustang. Maybe after CAFE regulations hit it will be used in the Mustang GT. :bash:

I heard Ford has been tinkering with the ecoboost turbo system on the Coyote 5.0L. That would be awesome if Ford released a turbo GT500 in the next 2-3 years.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
The cars don't need anything but 87 octane thanks to direct injection.

I also don't think they will need 91 when the boost is upped since fuel is introduced a split second before the spark.

It'll be interesting to see how these things react to mods.

+1 91 would probably even make slightly less power.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
direct injection is awesome..new technology that makes me feel my car is so out-dated

Direct injection is not new. It's been around for a long time. Locomotive engines are an example.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep. The Germans had it in their aircraft engines in WWII, Mercedes Benz had ti in their gas v8's in the 50's through the '70's.

Industrial powerplants of every kind have had direct injection right from the beginning, in many cases, including railroad and marine powerplants.

Jim Snover

Direct injection is not new. It's been around for a long time. Locomotive engines are an example.

Users who are viewing this thread