Edelbrock Victor II Intake Manifold for the Ford 5.0 Coyote V8 (P/N #7180)

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Edelbrock is showing off a new cast aluminum Intake manifold for the Ford 5.0 Coyote V8 at SEMA 2015. According to them this intake will fit under the factory strut tower barces on both the S197 and S550 Mustangs. From the exterior it appears to be a take on the Boss 302 intake, but looking inside it seems that the runners may extend further into the main chamber than the Boss unit. This new intake comes drilled and tapped for nitrous.

According to some signage and a dyno sheet posted with it Edelbrock claims it picked up 16 HP over the factory Coyote intake (probably an 11-14 one) and 27 ft-lbs over a "common aftermarket plastic manifold upgrade". We all know they are talking about the FPRP Boss 302 kit from the Roadrunner engine. Though I'm sure this intake probably weighs a good bit more than the Ford Performance plastic offerings I suspect it will be popular with owners running nitrous, turbos, or centri-blowers. It should certainly handle a nitrous backfire better than a plastic intake.

EdelBrock_Coyote_Intake_0001.jpg

EdelBrock_Coyote_Intake_0002.jpg

EdelBrock_Coyote_Intake_0004.jpg

EdelBrock_Coyote_Intake_0005.jpg

EdelBrock_Coyote_Intake_0006.jpg

EdelBrock_Coyote_Intake_0007.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Interesting and looks promising. Though I am not ready to jump up and down, but I look forward to more data, especially some independent testing|results.

5.0_MD

Established Member
Would be curious to see how a stock IM compares to similar mods that Edelbrock has listed on that dyno sheet. My guess will be a increase of low end torque and power with a sacrifice in top end (stock IM btw).

blownstang01

Established Member
Too bad it doesn't have a removable top to be able to clean up / port the runners. I see big HP boosted guys cutting them in half like we used to do to the early Cobra ones.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Too bad it doesn't have a removable top to be able to clean up / port the runners. I see big HP boosted guys cutting them in half like we used to do to the early Cobra ones.

Probably would add too much expense for them. However, there are probably some gains to be made by splitting it and cleaning it up.

KushBandit

Established Member
What's with the backwards fuel rails? I assume it was just displayed like that and not inherent to the design.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What's with the backwards fuel rails? I assume it was just displayed like that and not inherent to the design.

I've seen some Coyote intakes that require you to flip the stock fuel rails. The Magnuson supercharger comes to mind. They give you an extended fuel line to make the connection.

whatsup62

Established Member
I was checking with them monthly...it was my goal to install this as I did my procharger install. Before the first of the year they told me first quarter release, then it was early Spring, then it was 2nd Quarter release, a few weeks ago i called and they said there was no release date currently given. Gave up and installed the PC.

whatsup62

Established Member
Finally released the manifolds. Received email today that they will start shipping next week 9/2. I was all in on this ....but no way in hell i'm paying this for it.. $1295.00

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread