Edlebrock 4.6 intake is in the car

THAITED

Established Member
I swapped my PP intake with an Edlebrock performer intake for a 4.6 engine. I haven't get my car re-tune or dyno yet. The car drives much smoother between changing gears (no hiccup). At low RPM, I notice an ample amount of low end torque lost but after 2500 rpm, all hell broke loose. I would recommend anyone who is looking to install this intake to have a 3/8" NPT bung welded on one of the fuel rail. This is for a stock fuel pressure sensor(driver side) should you decide to keep it. It should work nicely with an Aeromotive Fuel log adaptor for a stock FPS pairs with one 90 degree 3/8 NPT to -8AN. Also I heard from the tuner that if you keep the stock FPS, it makes tuning much easier.

I went with the fitting route(-AN fittings). I found out the hard way (wasted $100 for the wrong fittings). My next mods would be new fuel lines, fuel hat with dual fuel pumps (return style). I'm thinking about E85 but don't know what I need beside new fuel pumps. Also I want to sell my brand new Ford GT pumps (two). What would be a fair price for them?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated. Oh I forgot to mention that next week I will install a 18% OD crank pulley and a boost bleed off valve at 17 PSI. Hopefully this will help bring back my low end HP and torque since my boost will be coming on much sooner and will have it re-tune. My mod should be done and I will not touch this car anymore (too old and too tired to upgrade it).

Users who are viewing this thread