Educate me on the head cooling options

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
I will have the transmission out in a few weeks for a clutch.

I want to put a head cooling mod on that fits behind the transmission so it is out of the way for future mods. What options are out there, and which ones are available for installation with the transmission out of the car? Pros/Cons?

If anyone has a link to a thread drop that in for me. I just searched through 100 threads and couldn't come up with much aside from the Invictus mod, which seems to no longer be in production.

Thanks in advance

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
This is the only head cooling mod that is installed behind the motor when trans is out Ford 99-04 Mustang DOHC Cooling Mod [LCM] - $219.99 : Performance Parts - Ford Mustang - Cobra - Dodge Viper - Chevy Corvette - C6 - LS1

Or you can do the even flow head cooling mod and save yourself 100.00 bucks: Even Flow GEN 2 Head Cooling Mod [EF-GEN2COOLINGKIT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Here is my .02 the evenflow mod returns the hot coolant right to the radiator where as the LDC mod goes to the heater core. Also I pity you if you have a leak because you are dropping the trans to fix it. With the evenflow it is on top of the motor easy to get to. I have the evenflow and am very happy with it.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Do you have to pull anything for the even flow? Isnt this recommended more for the 03's than the 04's? Read that somewhere on here.

Users who are viewing this thread