Eeeeh, radiator steaming

DaFreak

Established Member
Installed C&R rad back in 11 and just noticed steam exiting the hood vent the other day. Yanked it out and having it checked out by a local joint tomorrow. Fingers are crossed.

Still have the oem too so not all is lost.

DeFreak

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I remember a long time ago there were complaints about these radiators leaking after sometime. With some people going through two of them.
Some suggested it was a bad batch, maybe you got one of them.

tktlwyr

Established Member
I had the same problem about 2 years ago and bought a new radiator but a quality radiator shop should be able to repair it. I repaired the old one and it's boxed up in the garage, just in case.

DaFreak

Established Member
Shop test found that the C&R had irrepairable tube to tank joint failure on both sides. Picking up carcass tomorrow and figuring out next steps.

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Just curious—which model radiator is it? The standard high capacity or the ultra high performance? I’m running the ultra high performance version and fortunately haven’t had any problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaFreak

Established Member
Just curious—which model radiator is it? The standard high capacity or the ultra high performance? I’m running the ultra high performance version and fortunately haven’t had any problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard (non-ultra) C&R version. Good luck with the ultra, I’m going back to oem, don’t want to deal with this again.

Users who are viewing this thread