EFI Solutions Tuning; What can anyone tell me about it?

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
I'm interested in purchasing a car with this type of tune. It's a Whippled 2004. I 've never heard about it until today. What can anyone tell me about it? I'll take anything since i know nothing about it. Please give me a hand guys, and thanks in advance for any help and info you may offer. Jason:beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
You've never heard of it because hardly anyone tunes with it anymore. When I first started going to Kauffman's 2 1/2 years ago, Dave was using the EFI Solutions stuff. No problems but it was a pain in the ass everytime you needed to adjust your tune for new mods. You have to go back to the place that tunes the car and have the computer reflashed. Times have changed, hand held flashers are the way to go. I prefer SCT.:thumbsup:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah Jason, you dredged up a name from the past. I remember that Ken had one of his first tunes with the EFI software, but can't think of anyone that uses it now. Like Ken said, technology has kinda moved forward.

That being said, Mustangmagic is a reputable tuner and some pretty quick cars are using their tuning. I believe the tuners name is Joey Lauzaurdo and a bunch of fellas on SVTsnake have used him in the past. Of course, the MACA has some pretty good local tuning resources in Jon Lund, Kaufman's, and Johnny Lightning that can hook you up in a jiffy.

Users who are viewing this thread