EGR and FRPS bad?

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Ever since I bought my car, it has had a weird idle. The car made great power with the re-tune but the gas pedal has always seemed a little sloppy. The previous owner attributed the idle malfunction to him possibly cleaning the air filter which possibly messed with the MAF. However, the MAF was reading a little crazy but after some tweaking, my tuner was able to get it straightened out. It is worth noting that I've had some hanging RPMs on deceleration after the tune though.

Fast forward to today. I was tinkering around with the FRPS (I know these are notorious for crapping out) and after I re-started my car, I got the FRPS high code (P0193). From doing just a small search, I see that this usually means the FRPS is gone, hence my idle problems. I also got a EGR code (P0403), which I know also doesn't help the idle situation and can make the car run like dog poop. Note that these codes never appeared until today.

With that said, I'm contemplating replacing the FRPS but what should I do about the EGR? Replace the valve or what? The detailed version of the EGR code is this, I believe: P0403 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Solenoid Control Circuit. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Make sure all of your vacuum and PCV lines are connected, can cause symptoms like this.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Make sure all of your vacuum and PCV lines are connected, can cause symptoms like this.

Did this. They all looked good. Maybe I should spray some electrical cleaner on the MAF to see if it is the MAF after all? I still don't understand the codes though. They popped up out of no where.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I went ahead and disconnected/reconnected the negative battery cable to get rid of the annoying SES light. Anymore advice on my problem? Tomorrow I'm going to check out the FRPS and see if it smells like gas.

Users who are viewing this thread