EGR Delete

02TrueBlu

Established Member
Im going to knock it out this weeksometime.... Ive read that I DO need a retune. Someone comfirm this and explain why. Thanks a ton!

Im Blown

deployed to the sandbox.
Established Member
I think they need to turn certain systems off in the tune to prevent a 'check engine' light. The delete makes plug changing alot easier :)
-Joshua

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont think you need a retune for it. I think you just need to turn it off with the programmer you have.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I deleted mine and never got a CEL. I did have my tuner turn it off in the tune though but it was a couple weeks after I removed it.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'm not 100% sure if this is true for all handlhelds but when I had my Diablo I drove it to my tuners (25 miles) and the CEL never came on. I loaded the factory tune back in while I was waiting for them to show up:rollseyes and I need to run up the street so my wife could use a bathroom. Without the handheld tune the CEL came on in about 10 feet of operation and set an EGR code.

Try it and see if it works. If it doesn't, then it's a simple fix like they said above.

svtdvm

NEWB
Established Member
Other than the CEL, there are no drivability issues, right?

I can do this and clear the code and turn it off at a later date, right?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
svtdvm said:
Other than the CEL, there are no drivability issues, right?

I can do this and clear the code and turn it off at a later date, right?

not sure yet... my gas mileage has went to shit ( really cant believe i said that about the lightning). but im not sure how much of that is being caused by a CEL or the converter

Users who are viewing this thread