EGR Delete???

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
I believe as many others do that the EGR should be kept on the car. There's zero benefit deleting it other than cleaning up the engine bay.

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Amazing. Making your engine bay more "clean" looking is more important than keeping something that is there for a reason. So honestly, how often do you open up your hood and admire your engine?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Amazing. Making your engine bay more "clean" looking is more important than keeping something that is there for a reason. So honestly, how often do you open up your hood and admire your engine?

Quite often.

deletedEGR.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I deleted mine because I put a set of longtubes on the car and there was absolutely no way I was ever going to get the egr tube to connect back up to the bung on the headers. The alignment was way off and it started to cross-thread really bad. Messed with it for probably two hours with no success. The cleanliness of the engine bay was really just kind of a perk.

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member

Correct because the "reason" it's there is to silence all the hippy tree huggers in California. I have deleted the EGR on my 97, 02 Lightning AND my 01 Porsche and guess what? Nothing bad happened! Amazing!

ksigatmsu7f02

Established Member

Atleast twice a week at the two local meet and greets on Friday and Saturday night.....and once more for any car show around

That being said I haven't deleted mine yet :dw: but its in the playbook for the summer

rgurleyjr

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
Eh, there two sides to why you should or shouldn't, the internet is full of info. Although I can't see why it would help emissions much considering the tiny amount of gas being recirculated compared to the exhaust output of engines.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
egr is gone for me as well. It might not do anything for the engine I just wanted it gone.

Users who are viewing this thread