Egr

Vigilante

Established Member
Only thing I know of is it runs rough. Deleting it doesn't do anything for performance, but it prevents headaches and doesn't change the way it drives.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
falling on its face at 4000 is an indication of clogged imrcs/secondary ports of IMRC's that are failing to open

Vigilante

Established Member
falling on its face at 4000 is an indication of clogged imrcs/secondary ports of IMRC's that are failing to open

+1 deleting IMRCs will make it weak down low, EGR has something to do with warming up the engine and emissions, duh.

Last edited:

98cobrafaf

Established Member
i did an imrc delete and it idnt help it ive done fuel pump fuel filter sparkplugs and wires i dont it gets up to about 4000 and its like not getting enough fuel or air..i took it to a shop and they couldnt figure it out..has anyone else had this problem..
i dont have alot of money to spend just got laid off

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
Clean your air filter and give your MAF sensor a thorough cleaning. Start there and see where that gets you.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
what kind of shop did you take it to? Have you taken it to a tuner to datalog the car?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
i did an imrc delete and it idnt help it ive done fuel pump fuel filter sparkplugs and wires i dont it gets up to about 4000 and its like not getting enough fuel or air..i took it to a shop and they couldnt figure it out..has anyone else had this problem..
i dont have alot of money to spend just got laid off

If you took out the IMRC's you need it to be tuned so it will run correctly both above 4000 grand and below, the computer could be pulling timing above 4000 because it doesnt think the IMRC's are opperating correctly since you removed them.

the real question is did you have this problem before you removed the IMRC's?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
i had a problem with it cutting out at about 6000, and it was the alternator.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
could be many things including your injectors, did you clean the secondary ports? not the IMRC's but the actual ports in the heads because the valves get covered in more crap then you could ever imagine, all of which kills power

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
dont have the money for a dyno i its a new long block

Then my suggestion is to drive your car like a grandma untill you have the money to get a dyno tune. If its a new long block you need to break it in. Breaking it in doesn't mean racing and beating on it. Stop and go traffic, easy shifting, heating and cooling cycles and some highway criusing at sustained rpms. After the break in period then you need a dyno tune.

Users who are viewing this thread